Ligament Pain??

sunshine0421

Reaction score
Yesterday while I was at work I experienced a horrible pain. It was on my left side kinda of stabbing pain. I immediatly called my OBGYN and she said it was ligament pain. It last about 15 minutes and then went away. Has anyone else experienced this?? And if so is there anything I can do to help alleviate the pain without taking tylenol??

I get this all the time actually do bad the other night I ended up in the er... I saw my ob yesterday and she suggested rest and slower moving. I am constantly moving at work and I have to slow myself down! I also use a heating pad on ny lower back and abdomin and this seems to help.... Tylenol doesn't help!

Yesterday while I was at work I experienced a horrible pain. It was on my left side kinda of stabbing pain. I immediatly called my OBGYN and she said it was ligament pain. It last about 15 minutes and then went away. Has anyone else experienced this?? And if so is there anything I can do to help alleviate the pain without taking tylenol??

Yes, I've had this. I get it if I move the wrong way, the wrong way usually being moving my torso separately from moving my pelvis, so like twisting, while trying to sit up or roll over in bed. You can avoid it more often if you make sure if you bend down that you start with your legs, and just try to move your body gently. When I need to sit up in bed, I try not to use my stomach muscles only and I'll use my arms to move me up, and when rolling over, I will similarly use my legs or arms to roll over gradually so I don't pull the muscles. I haven't noticed it when I'm not moving at all, except sometimes a dull pain. It usually only happens for me because I moved wrong, too quick, etc.

I get this all the time actually do bad the other night I ended up in the er... I saw my ob yesterday and she suggested rest and slower moving. I am constantly moving at work and I have to slow myself down! I also use a heating pad on ny lower back and abdomin and this seems to help.... Tylenol doesn't help!

I work in a hospital ER department and though I was going to have to check myself in, but then it went away. I too move and walk ALOT at work. I just have to remember that I am pregnant and have to take it a little easier!! Thanks for the suggestion of the heating pad. I had the pain one time in the middle of the night so I will for sure be using that if it happens again at night!!

Yes, I've had this. I get it if I move the wrong way, the wrong way usually being moving my torso separately from moving my pelvis, so like twisting, while trying to sit up or roll over in bed. You can avoid it more often if you make sure if you bend down that you start with your legs, and just try to move your body gently. When I need to sit up in bed, I try not to use my stomach muscles only and I'll use my arms to move me up, and when rolling over, I will similarly use my legs or arms to roll over gradually so I don't pull the muscles. I haven't noticed it when I'm not moving at all, except sometimes a dull pain. It usually only happens for me because I moved wrong, too quick, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for some great pointers. I was miserable for 15 minutes but will be more causous now. Oh the joys of pregnancy... but I wouldn't change it for the world. Every little pain makes me nervous beings that this is my first. Glad to know that it is normal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->