light bleeding at 15 weeks, worried

hopesanddream

Sierra & # 2 on the way
Reaction score
I started bleeding at about 10 weeks, just some spotting with no cramping, after 6 hours in er we found out everything was fine but I had a bleed in my uterus. I spotted off and on for 2 weeks, on halloween it stopped. I had an ultrasound on Nov 4th and everything looked good, had my app with my ob/gyn on Nov 14th he said everything looked good. five days later on the 19 of Nov, i got up to go to the bathroom and the was blood in the bowl and lots when I wiped, then nothing all day. This morning again I went to the bathroom and there was blood in the bowl and 2 tiny clots smaller that a dime. Now I am freaked out, has anyone else had this? I have no cramping at all, what is causing this bleeding, I never had this with my first baby. Is if from my previous c-section. really worried now. :cry:

I have bled a few times during this pregnancy hun and it turns out i have placenta previa which means my placenta has attached over my cervix instead of at the top! my consultant said that it is the most common cause of bleeding in the second tri, although i didnt find out until my 20week scan, just go straight to the hospital every time you bleed chick and make sure you get checked....dont risk leaving it as my condition can be quite dangerous.

Any questions just ask, but remember not to stress to much xxx

I had a cervical bleed at 14wk after sex, which completely freaked me out, having had a mc two years ago --but it turns out I have a very tender cervix. Perhaps you were having sex recently or have an irritation down there? Otherwise, I would recommend a ring to your midwife/doctor to make sure that all is ok (you will worry regardless!)

best wishes

i would recommend you speak to your doctor when yo ucan, to put your mind at rest if nothing else. i had a bleed at 13 weeks (i thought once i got to 12 weeks i would be fine :( )and my LO is lovely and healthy :) good luck x

I had a bleed in my uterus as well, called a subchorionic hematoma. I bled from 3.5 weeks to 10 weeks. At 7 weeks I had a MASSIVE bleed, lost 2 clots about 2 inches in diameter and I was told in the ER that I had a miscarriage....The next day I had an ultrasound to make sure everything has cleared out and the sonographer was completely shocked that baby was still there.

I was told that even though my bleed has emptied (bled itself out) that it can return at any point throughout the pregnancy and to keep an eye on it. I haven't had any bleeding in about 3 or 4 weeks now and I am hoping it stays away.

Obviously, you should talk to your doctor as soon as possible. But, if you were previously told you had a bleed chances are it is just bleeding out a bit more.

I was told that there is nothing in particular that causes subchorionic hematoma but from research I have done online it seems like it is more common if you have had a D&C or other similar surgery in the past. I personally had 2 D&Cs after an MMC earlier this year. Also, from what I have seen, it seems like if you have it with one pregnancy you are more likely to have it with subsequent pregnancies.

Good luck, I hope the doctor can ease your fears and all turns out well!

Thanks gals, now i am just having some brown spotting, still no cramping, I'm hoping that is a good sign. I will call my dr first thing in the morning and see what he says.

Thanks gals, now i am just having some brown spotting, still no cramping, I'm hoping that is a good sign. I will call my dr first thing in the morning and see what he says.

How are you? did you call the doctor? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"