Light bleeding?

branham22

Reaction score
5 weeks along today. Let me tell you a little about my week: last Sunday I had a very small amount of scanty red blood when I wiped ONE time. That's it and nothing since. Faint bfp on Tuesday. Every 48 hours since Tuesday I have taken an hpt and they keep getting darker- thank goodness! The only symptoms I have had is I have been very bloated and i have had nausea on and off the past few days. (Last night being the worst. I went to bed early with a terrible stomach ache and nausea after eating a piece of pizza). Woke up this morning feeling fine.

Went to the bathroom a little bit ago and there was some very light pink spotting when I wiped. When I went a few minutes ago and wiped there was no spotting. I am not cramping at all and haven't been. The only thing is my (sorry tmi) clitorus is feeling uncomfortable- it kind of hurts when I pee, is red, and it feels really "dry" around it.

Should I be worried about the baby and my pregnancy? I'm not sure what a mc is like? :( Please help

See your doctor. Could be an infection causing it but you want to rule out an impending loss. Good luck x

I had that happen with our youngest ds and everything worked out fine. I would call the doctor to see if it's caused by something that can be taken care of (like bacterial vaginosis or yeast).

Should I go to er and get it checked out since it is Sunday?

Should I go to er and get it checked out since it is Sunday?

I think you can call your doctor and ask if you should go to the ER. Just explain what is happening and they will tell you what to do. Of course if they say not to go, but you feel you should go, then go anyway. :flower:

ETA: Just make sure you know how much it will cost you to go, so you aren't surprised.

I am at ER now. (I live right down the road). I had more light pink spotting. I didn't want to wait

Good luck, hun. I had 3 miscarriages b4 I had my daughter. With the first I had no bleeding at all and it turned out to be a missed mc. With my 2nd and 3rd, I had bleeding that started out spotting and turned in to bleeding, but didn't spot and stop, just spotted then started bleeding. With my daughter I had a massive bleed along with horrid cramping that lasted 2 hours, bled heavily bright red, and she was fine. So you can just never tell with spotting and bleeding as it can go either way. At 5 weeks, if they scan you, you might not see anything bc you are too early so don't be discouraged if they do scan you and you don't see much. And lots of women spot now and then in early pregnancy and are just fine. Hope it all works out for you and you have a sticky one in there.

I would see your doctor. I had that same feeling that you have. I had my urine taken along with all the first appointment blood work and the urine showed that I had a bacteria that they gave me antibiotics for. I never had an abnormal pap and never knew that I was a carrier of this bacteria until pregnancy. My doctor said that they will test again around 36 weeks because the bacteria could get the baby sick when it goes through the birth canal.

When I was on the antibiotics I ended up with a yeast infection. 2nd one in my life. It was horrible. I've read that you are more susceptible to yeast infections when you are on antibiotics or pregnant. Joys of pregnancy :nope:

Well I just had a scan and blood drawn for some beta results. Waiting on the beta to come back. The doctor did a scan and he didn't have the best ultrasound machine (just a small one with no key board). I just got a regular ultrasound- not a vaginal one. I know it early and he didn't see much. But he did see the sac and said there was no other fluid around it which is good. Is that ok and normal? I know I'm only 5 weeks today. Just freaks me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->