Light headed and feel like fainting.....

2yrsandwaiting

Mom of 2 beautiful DD
Reaction score
Has or is anyone extremely light headed and feel like fainting? If so do you know what the cause is/was?

thanks!

Don't worry, this is very common in early pregnancy! Beginning a week into pregnancy, your entire circulatory system increases its capacity, increasing your blood volume to account for baby. Your blood pressure lowers, which causes the dizziness--there is less oxygen going to your brain. I've read this eases up by 2nd tri because your body will be done producing the extra blood:)

You will likely also get short of breath, because your lungs are operating full force, and you're breathing in 40-50% more air into your body. It's all for good of baby though!

i find it helps me if i eat something - normally just a bowl of cereal. even if idont want it. ive been getting like that a lot and shakes that last all day!

Low blood pressure? I've been feeling like this this and my MW said my blood pressure was on the low side and to make sure i was drinking lots of fluids and if i felt dizzy or faint to make sure i sat down and also not to stand up too fast etc. I was the same with my first pregnancy too.

Low blood pressure here too. Saw my midwife today and I quote "your blood pressure is very low" which explains why I have nearly fainted a couple of times and been light headed.
It is quite common.

Thanks ladies, i guess i just have to be careful for the next couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->