Light period last month, spotting this month, bfn

missranda

Waiting on a Miracle
Reaction score
So, I'm just going to say right off the bat that chances are 99.9% that I am not pregnant. But when you've been trying to have your first child for years and years, it's hard to forget about the .01% chance. I've lived the past 5 years on that .01%. My goal is not to receive responses of false hope nor do I care to read others negativity. Basically, I just need to get the million thoughts running through my head out and into words for my own sanity.

Sorry this post is so long...

Here's what has been going down lately:

December 26-29 I had an extremely light period. So light I couldn't fill a lite tampon on the heaviest day. This may be normal for some, but I usually bleed extremely heavy. TMI alert, I usually have to use the largest tampons and a pad on heavy days and change both every hour or so. It's annoying but it's all I've ever known hence the shock at such a light "flow". It was so light I could consider it spotting.

Took a test and BFN. On to the next month. It was the first cycle since coming off of Femera so decided maybe it's just my body readjusting.

As of February 3, I have had random bouts of light spotting. To go into detail, it only happened a few times when wiping. If I wasn't obsessive and looking for AF, I wouldn't have noticed. It was light brown/orange and very little.

I had my annual wellness exam with PAP smear and everything on February 4. I mentioned the light period from December which prompted them to give me a urine pregnancy test right then. It came up BFN. And that was that.

I last took an HPT today, also BFN.

Tomorrow, my husband and I are going to our first appointment together at the IVF clinic to see what steps we need to take next.

So this is where we're at. Just when I thought my body couldn't throw me any more curve balls, this happens.

If I'm pregnant, why can I not get a BFP. If I'm not pregnant, why is AF playing games with me.

Could you ask the doctor to do a blood pregnancy test? There is a small chance that HCG wouldn't show up in your urine but would on a blood test. I also had a very light period (not sure it even was that) 8 days long, usual is 5-6. I spotted for all but one of those days and that day was just a light period. I've been testing as I know there's a slight chance I could be pregnant.

Sorry, I was MIA. Did you end up getting good news? I haven't been back to the doctor since Feb. 3rd but I've had brown spotting the passed week every day except 1 or 2 days since Sun the 28th. I honestly don't think I'm pregnant and haven't tested since the last post. Just waiting it out for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->