light pink spotting

kitcat

Expecting 1st Baby :)
Reaction score
so excited to get to 8 weeks today, but just wiped myself and there was a little pink on the tissue. I have read a lot about this being normal but suddenly feel really very sad that this perhaps isn't meant to be. Wish I could stay home from work today to rest and see what happens but I can't. Kinda wish I hadn't started feeling attached.

Hope everything's okay!

Have you called your doctor yet? A lot of women have spotting in early pregnancy and go on to take home beautiful, healthy babies, but it's one of those signs that IMO should always be checked out.

I'd suggest giving your doc or midwife a call so they can arrange a scan to see what's going on in there. Hopefully you can put your mind at rest and get back to enjoying your pregnancy.

did you call your doctor? i woke up to some spotting with 1 little red blood clot in it. nothing major. i called my doctors office, awaiting on call back. hope everything is ok.

any bleeding in pregnancy should be looked into. it may be nothing but i think your doctor would tell you to stay at home and rest until a scan is booked to make sure bub is ok. FX'd for you hun x

it stopped almost immediately or seemed too. I'm only just 8 weeks now, not even seen my midwife yet (am in the UK) so I am guessing they won't see me unless something more happens. I guess they couldnt really do anything even if the worse happens - sorry ladies, not feeling too bright today.

you should still contact your GP hun or go to A&E they will book you in for an emergency scan or have your HCG levels checked. yes if the worse happens they cant do anything but wait but if its nothing they can put your mind at rest.

You should always call your doc if there is bleeding. I was a little over 8 weeks when I had some light pink spotting. The doctor wasn't concerned, he just told me to take it easy and come in for a scan the next day if I was worried. When I checked again 30 minutes later, there was no blood. The next day I saw my little baby, the strong heartbeat, and even a little big of wiggling. Everything has been fine since then. Hopefully it will be the same for you! Good luck! :)

i had spotting as well as long as its light its nothing to worry about but yes iwould stay off work and phone doctor to put your mind at rest, they should tell you really befoore hand i think. you will get implantation bleed at ten days after sex , you will get blood when your period is due, and you will get blood when baby is moving around and dislodging little clots, most people get blood loss at some point , but its needs to be accompanied with cramps hot flushes backache etc to be a worry, hope all is well with you and this has put your mind a little at ease.:winkwink:

If you just had a bit of spotting, I would try not to worry too much. I had bright red bleeding off and on for 5 weeks in previous pregnancy that ended up just fine and then I had brown spotting off and on for 2.5 weeks (6-8.5 weeks) with this pregnancy. I stopped exercising, having sex and trying to rest but my doctor said that none of those things would cause a miscarriage or stop it so to just go about things as usual. I won't lie- I was a stressed out mess but baby is fine and thankfully spotting has stopped.

Unless your spotting gets a lot worse and is accompanied by pain and cramping, I wouldn't worry. You could call your doctor or nurse line and let them know to see what they say and what they feel would be best for you to do. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->