light positive line on hpt at 8 weeks...

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
so after having spotting this am I went the doctors and he asked me to take a pregnancy test. I did and it was positive put the line was not very strong. I was panicking about it and he said maybe i'm not as far along as I think etc. Anyway i'm booked for a scan in the morning. Just Googled It and apparently lines appear much fainter the further along you get, something to do with the high levels of hormones or something. Anyway I feel a bit reassured by this but suprised my doctor wasn't aware of it x

I read somewhere it's called hook's effect or something. Hopefully, everything will be alright. fx.

To really reassure its high hormone levels instead of low levels. Take another hot n dilute with water. It should be dark again if levels are high. N negative/faint if low

That is really great to know! I found out i was pregnant last week and have been a POAS addict since then to sorta check what is happening. Sometimes I see it less faint than other times. I think as long as you have the lines all should be good. It could also depend on when you are doing the test. If it's later in the afternoon after drinking a lot of water maybe it's possible its diluted?

Just a guess though, certainly not an expert.

:dust:

Yeah, sometimes internet wins over knowledge. he he.
That reminds me, with my first pregnancy I had ib for 3days. And when I mentioned it to my doctor she was trying her best to tell me that many women have bleeding through pregnancy and stuff. But, seriously why didn't ib crossed her mind. ufff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"