Lighter, shorter period? Normal or abnormal?

bebedreamr

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I will try and be short and sweet about this... so generally I am regular 26/27 day cycles, first 2 days are light/old blood and then it goes into regular heavy mode (clotting etc) for 4 days. I was on Aviane BCP from February until April but quit due to rediculous breakthrough bleeding, had 1 full regular cycle and my period was on time with normal-heavier flow than usual. This month we were NTNP for the first time, and my period came a little later than I expected... but after 3 days of light flow (not even nearly enough to soak through a tampon which is EXTREMELY unusual, and no cramps) its all over?!?!?! Even on the BCP my periods were not this short nor this light. I'm not sure if I should expect it to surprise me one day in full force and be armed, orrrrrrrr if I should be worried? This has NEVER happened to me before!
I tested a day before my bleeding occured and I had a BFN, so it can't be pregnancy can it?
Bah, I hate womanly problems, they scare me. I just want everything to be in proper working order! Can IB occur around AF time and last 3 days? Should I see my doctor (I really hope I don't have to, he makes me feel like I am a hypochondriac!)?
Thanks for the support xx

I would consider that a period. Sorry hun, but it came after you were expecting AF. Some women do get "periods" during pg, but only a ridiculously small amount of women. So I would gear up for the next cycle.
BCP is know to totally screw with cycles and you are not alone.

Thanks for your support Kimberly! :)
I am not sad its a BFN really, just worried something is wrong down there and that I will have to go and admit to my doctor I quit my BCP and that I am worried there is something wrong. He always sighs and says its normal and rushes me out of his office.
Bah! :(

I know, its sooo hard!!!
I have only been on this site for a month or so, but I have already come across so many other women who are going thru this exact same thing.
I actually googled "birth control pill withdrawal" and found all sorts of helpful info and what to expect. They say its normal for our bodies to be out of sync for a while, but most cycles become regular again in 5 months. So we just have to stick it out.
I have already decided to NEVER go on any sort of birth control ever again. Its not safe but its marketed as being totally safe with no long term affects. WRONG!! and we are proof of that.
Good luck to you!! We will get out :bfp:'s!!! :flower:

hey Hun!
You sound like me!  when I started losing weight my periods got super light. Our bodies are ever changing. Good luck Hun!

I was on the pill for the past 7 years and just got off after my wedding in April. I had the same situation where after getting my 'pill' period that month...I had a 28 day cycle and then a super, super short period. It was two days with spotting on the third. From talking to other people, it is fairly common when coming off the pill. Anyway...I didn't ovulate my first month off and then ovulated this cycle. Good luck with TTC! :)

Morgan, thanks for the information! I hope your right. I wonder if its hormonal, I have been feeling exhausted and foggy lately. I hope things get straightened out for you soon too!
Kimberly, thats interesting about the BCP withdrawal and makes me feel better. I am recording all my periods and symptoms in case I need to see the doctor so he knows I am not making it all up in my head!
I hope you both have happy and healthy BFP's soon, and enjoy the nice weather!

I've had this happen, I had two periods right in a row that were extremely light (didn't even need a tampon) and then my last two periods have been rather heavy, I think it may be our bodies going through different cycles or something, lol, but IDK! Had a heavy period last cycle with severe cramps and then my last AF was extremely heavy and longer than usual with NO cramps! So if your anything like me, no two periods are the same! Good Luck!

Thanks mammag and ladies! I hope you all get your BFP's soon :)
The only thing is that ever since that "period" my breasts are STILL sore to touch/without any bra on, and I have been feeling REALLY tired. Might be in my head though.
Now I feel like I don't know when/what to expect from my next period. *sigh* June is going to be a loooooooooonnnnnnnng month!

I think I just got my first period after BCP and it's lighter than my usual...so much so I'm confused whether to class it as AF or not but I think I will as I've had it since Friday now! No real cramps though (literally like one for a few minutes!), just backache, sore breasts and a few pimples.x

Hello everyone,

I am new to this website and Im hoping this will bring me piece of mind, or at least help me keep my sanity. My fiance and I are TTC baby #3. Weve only been trying for 3 months. My cycles are the most predictable in the world. Every 28/29 days. Period is 5-6 days. My last normal period was June 12th. I began spotting July 9th and assumed it was AF, that came early...Unusual! But the thing is, the bleeding never got heavy, at all. I put in a tampon assuming the flow would pick up and it never did. Mostly brown goo & a tiny bit of blood; 2 days later it was gone. Ive had abdominal cramping (assumed it was AF coming on)....terrible migranes, and fatigue! PS...Ive had implantation bleeding with a prior pregnancy, the pink tinge when you wipe. But this seems to be a little different. Has anyone ever experienced this and turned out to be pregnant? I took a HPT and it was negative. Im so confused!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->