Likely coming back :(

Springermommy

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had gotten my bfp but things aren't turning out so well. :( I had my first appt yesterday at 6w, 5d. They did hcg blood work and an ultrasound. My hcg levels were 22,000. My ultrasound revealed a yolk sac, but no baby (or "fetal pole.") The ultrasound tech said my gest sac looked to be about 5w, 5d and they'd likely send me back in a week for another. That made sense to me bc my cycles were sometimes irregular. When we went back to the midwife, she said we likely had a "missed AB," that there's no way my hcg could be that high without seeing a baby and that it likely wasn't viable. She offered to schedule me for a d&c. We were shocked and didn't make a decision yet. Tomorrow I'm supposed to get my hcg levels taken again. If they go up, id like another US next week. If they go down, I guess we have some decisions to make. :(
I'll likely be joining you in this thread again soon. :(

It's not over yet. My doctor refuses
To do ultrasounds until 7 weeks as you won't always see a heartbeat up until that week. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way for your next ultrasound.

It's not over yet. My doctor refuses
To do ultrasounds until 7 weeks as you won't always see a heartbeat up until that week. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way for your next ultrasound.

I agree with this. I'd personally wait, that's VERY early to tell anything. I had an ultrasound at 6w, 5 days with my son. The doctor couldn't locate a fetal pole, let alone a heartbeat. He said he wasn't sure, and told me to go home for two-three weeks and come back for an ultrasound then. He didn't even run my numbers.

I went back at 8 weeks and there was a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat.

I agree with PPs about waiting. Thinking of you :hugs:

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Good luck hun! I really hope things work out for you and it was just a mistake on the first ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->