Lily or Lilly?

Bix

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
I'm about 99% set on the name Lily / Lilly if we have a girl, I love the name and to top it off it was my Nanna's middle name. But, although I'm normally quite traditional with names and believe in having the full name with it shortened as a nickname (My son is Samuel, Sam for short), I'm not sure I like Lilian/Lillian - I prefer just the shortened version.

Trouble is, not sure whether to spell it Lily or Lilly. What's your thoughts ladies?

(Middle name will most likely be Rose)

I like it spelt Lily. Lily Rose is very cute :thumbup:

I love the spelling Lilly, if our bump is a girl she'l probably be called Lilly-Rose xx

I prefer Lilly, it just looks better to me :)

Beautiful choice!

Lily definitely!
I've heard of Lillie as well, but Lily is by far my favorite & I'm not just saying that cus it's my nieces name :flower:

My girl is a Lily and I'm a Rose so I love your choices :thumbup: he he.

I went for Lily over Lilly as I tend to think of Lilly as a shortened Lillian.

It's pretty both ways though.

I prefer Lilly. To me Lily doesn't look quite right, like it is missing something :) My step daughter is called Lilia Rose which is pretty x

I voted for Lily (we have Lilliana, nn. Lily) on our list... I also love Lilia...!

Both spellings are common & look fine....... so just go with what looks nicer to you!

I think Lily is cute, but looks like it's missing something. I've always spelt it Lilly, though I'm partial to double L's. My name is Jill, my middle and last name also has double L's, as does my husband's name. So I'd probably go with two L's if I go with Lilly myself.

I much prefer Lily. I think the double L looks too crowded and mis-spelt.

Thank you all so much for all your replies :) I'm still torn but I agree with those that say the single L spelling looks like there's something missing, but I think that is the traditional spelling. I have to say though that for all my traditional values I think I'm leaning towards Lilly. Oh this name choosing thing is so hard isn't it! lol (And don't even get me started on boys names!!! Argh, headache lol)

I'm about 99% set on the name Lily / Lilly if we have a girl, I love the name and to top it off it was my Nanna's middle name. But, although I'm normally quite traditional with names and believe in having the full name with it shortened as a nickname (My son is Samuel, Sam for short), I'm not sure I like Lilian/Lillian - I prefer just the shortened version.

Trouble is, not sure whether to spell it Lily or Lilly. What's your thoughts ladies?

(Middle name will most likely be Rose)

My 2 year old is called Lily (which I think is the more traditional way of spelling it).

Loz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->