Line showed up after it dried???

channy3232

Reaction score
So I've taken lots and lots of tests and I've seen plenty of evaps. And most of the time, after the test dries, it's still stark white. Well yesterday I took two tests (dollar store cheapies) For whatever reason, I took the one from last night out of the drawer and looked at it today and there was a line. And not just an evap. A LINE. And then when I looked at the one from earlier yesterday, there was a line there too. I looked at the ones from two days ago that were dried and they're completely white. I've never had a line show up on a dried BFN test. And of course I know you shouldn't read it after the time but this is weird. We're on our way to a kids birthday party so I can't post a picture. I think I might have to convince OH to stop and get a test or two on the way home!!

after the time limit on a test there is normally always a line that shows up.thats why youre ment to ditch them.gl

channy im like you. i hear about evaps allll the time. but ive been a nutter and peed on hundreds of sticks in the last few years and i have never ever seen one. i kept a superdrug once just to see and it took a full week for an evap to appear.

dont take any notice of lines after dried
i took mine of side to put in bin after an hour and noticed a big pink line!lol

i have had some cheap tests and after about 30 mins some show evaps which can look really like a bfp line. Other times they are stark white..however, there is also the chance that you are infact pregnant but because the hormone is weak, it takes longer to show up. My advice would be to take another test in a few days as you cant trust them...but you could still get your bfp!

Yeah this isn't even an evap. It's 100% a line. And the only reason I'm questioning it is because the only two that showed up were from yesterday and the one last night is darker than the one from yesterday morning. I gotta test again. It's just a matter of convincing OH to spend more $$ on tests. Lol

I would defo test again. And I know all about trying to convince Oh to spend more money. So what I would do is show him the two test and tell him to confrim it you need a better test from walmart or walgreens some where. he might cave and give you the money to buy more. It always works. Granted all of mine have been evaps so far.

Well we stopped at the dollar store. I took one when I got home even though I had just peed and it was BFN. I'm going to hold it til late tonight and do another one. Lol

sorry hun but I took a bunch of those dollar tests and had no evaps and some of THE WORST EVAPS EVER!!!
I had a bfn confirmed with a blood test that same day so I know it was an evap.
I would wait a few days and then test again and just get frer's. The dollar tests put my emotions through hell.
Good luck sweetie I will keep my fx'd for you!

Thanks ladies. I did another one after holding my pee for about 3 hours (just to be sure! Lol) and it was a BFN
I guess it just really caught me off guard when I saw the line because I've never had a BFN dry like that! They're either completely white or I can see that opaque colorless "dent" where the pink line would come up. And this was pink! Oh well.

I would wait a few days and use fmu. Also..how many dpo are you? It may still be too early. x

I'm not sure. I have PCOS and my cycles are all over the place. I don't temp or anything. I did take some OPKs this cycle and just kind of guessed the timing and never got a pos. Two cycles ago was 45 and this last one was 30 days on the dot. It sucks. So I may have just ov yesterday if it's another 45 day cycle. IF I even ov at all! :growlmad:

How bloody frustrating for you. I really hope you get your bfp. xxx

I know this is old, but Channy did you end up getting pregnant with these faint positives? I'm having them now, with AF due in the morning, that's why I ask...

I had evaps/false positives on the dollar tree tests last month. The thread is called "check out this horrid evap"

If they were the same $store hpts I've used over the last two cycles, then I wouldn't count on it being a legit bfp. I used them last month and had two of them dry like the one in the picture in my hpt test thread from last month (found here) It was the same thing-BFN when first viewed but dried with a thick obvious pink line. Every test I used after that was bfn. Same thing happened this cycle too. It's frustrating and maddening but I think it's a dye run of the worst kind. I switched back to the Walmart cheapies because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->