Liner + pooh + cloth nappy= aaaaggggghhh

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by henny, Apr 3, 2011.

1. henny

henny mum to two beautiful boys

I use flushable liners in lo's nappies but I find they rumple and the pooh goes all over the nappy. I end up having scrub the pooh all off with tissues and hope I don't leave it too long before I rinse the nappies.

What do I do to stop the liners scrutching up? :shrug:

2. 2Princesses

2Princesses Mum of 3 princesses :)

My baby is breastfeeding only at the moment so has runny poo (sorry!) and I tried to use a tot bots disposable liner because im using bum cream-the poo came out the nappy right down her leg for some reason :( so im put off using the liners now, but I don't like putting pooey nappies in my washing machine so I don't know how to deal with it! :wacko: I have tried fleece liners and they don't leak but I can't throw them away lol!

Edit: sorry just realised I was no help at all and you were asking for advice *embarassed*

3. wannabewillow

wannabewillow Well-Known Member

What liners are you using? We used the Boots ones for a while and had the same problem. We switched to Bambino Mio and that solved it for us. I also try to put the nappy under her bum first, then the liner, so I can straighten it up before fastening, DH, on the other hand tries to put them both on at the same time, leading to incidents like this morning's, when he tried to bin my fave BG print because it got covered in pooplosion!

4. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

If you really want to use a disposable liner, how about using a paper liner AND a fleece liner? I've always found that fleece liners stay put better so take the best of both worlds - wrap a paper liner around a fleece one, then put that in the nappy. Hopefully it'll stay in place. I've been using both to treat some nappy rash - a camomile tea soaked paper liner on top of a fleece liner to keep LO dry - and it's worked well. It is a teeny bit more hassle but easier for messy poos!

5. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

if the poo gets on a nappy it gets rinsed before going in the bucket to avoid staining

6. Aunty E

Aunty E Mummy to Mog and Teddy

Bambino mio liners work the best for us - paper ones were POO. TBH we still get poo on the nappy though, just don't care all that much if they stain as we only have terries and shaped cotton...

7. henny

henny mum to two beautiful boys

I'm using little earthlets at the moment but will look at the bambino mio ones :) Will give all the ideas ago, thank you for them.
    I don't normally get annoyed with them but he has poohed in every nappy he has worn and the liners have scrunched up in everyone of the nappies :dohh:

8. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

This is exactly how I do it if Evie's having nasty teething nappies or has an upset stomach :thumbup: Most of the time the liners both stay put altho they do sometimes rumple up, just not as bad as a paper one on it's own :) x

9. celine

celine Well-Known Member

Same here, we use the super soft bamboo Cushie Tushie liners, they are huge and if lo hasnt pooped I just wash them and reuse them about 2 or 3 times before they are too 'holey'

10. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

We use a fleece liner with a paper liner on top. there is no way I could not use a fleece liner, toooo messy :lol:

I also put the nappy on with the liners laid in and then put the liners over LO's bits then put the nappy over if that makes sense? So I know that everything is in the right place.

11. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

That's exactly how I do it too! :thumbup:

12. lynnikins

you would think we were all afraid to get our fingers dirty and had a major aversion to poo reading this thread lol.

13. Tegans Mama

I do :rofl:

14. lynnikins

you need some poo therapy then hun lol my boys can come visit get you into the swing of it

15. Tegans Mama

I was joking. my daughter is doubly incontinent lol, I have had more than my fair experience of poo :lol:

16. lynnikins

i was gonna say lol Ejs just brewed up a nice one by the smell of it

17. Aaisrie

Aaisrie Cautiously pregnant #3

Worst comes to worst I shower it and then leave it to soak in cold water in the bath! lol Plus the sun removes the stains anyway!