Lines getting lighter on pregnancy test ??

first morning urine is the best sample to test with. pee in a cup and follow the timings exactly with a stopwatch! midstream is harder to get exactly right! also, only look at the colour at the 3 minute point, no earlier and no later!

I always had better lines with frer smu. I would not drink anything for 4 hours and then take it. Fmu always gave me light lines, it drove me nuts!

Grrrrr...just typed out a big long response to this and it got erased :dohh: Long story short, this happened to me....11 and 12dpo tests were lighter than 10 dpo test and I was really freaking out. But what I learned is that the darkness of the line of the test is directly related to the amount of dye in each test....and this can vary between brand....box...and even by each test! Also, I got my darkest lines in the afternoon....not FMU :shrug:

I finally got a nice line at 13dpo...and then I stopped testing :thumbup:

My 12dpo was not morning sample like my 13dpo was. I like afternoon testing. And the only reason they tell you to use fmu is because you are sleeping and should be able to hold for longer but while pg i cant hold it too long. So it only matter when to take it from how long you can hold your pee in.

If I were you I would call your doctor for a blood HCG test, just to be safe. First Response lines are suppose to get darker when HCG gets higher. I too had this with my m/c in early July.I tested daily and noticed my lines getting lighter, called my doctor and had HCG taken a few times and I was infact m/c. Sorry this isn't to scare you but it may be something to be concerned about so it is best to get it checked out. With this pregnancy, my lines got darker every day and so far so good. Good luck to you. I hope everything works out. Big hugs!

ok thank you so much everyone !!! I've got a bit of hope after reading mbababy's post so thank you ... ill test tomorrow and update iim scared and excited !!!! x

If I were you I would call your doctor for a blood HCG test, just to be safe. First Response lines are suppose to get darker when HCG gets higher. I too had this with my m/c in early July.I tested daily and noticed my lines getting lighter, called my doctor and had HCG taken a few times and I was infact m/c. Sorry this isn't to scare you but it may be something to be concerned about so it is best to get it checked out. With this pregnancy, my lines got darker every day and so far so good. Good luck to you. I hope everything works out. Big hugs!

Thanks for your post ... I have called my doctor but he wont do a blood test so ive just got to wait hope and see its driving me crazy im trying think positive though and sorry to hear about your mc :hugs:

hugs hunnie xx Hope it all works out just fine for you xx Let us know x Hoping for you!!!

each test can have a different sensitivity and a different amount of dye, even 2 tests in the one box will be slightly different hun so i wouldnt worry! x x

Thanks everyone ill have an update & photo soon either way !!! I feel sick.

Sorry for the TMI but ive held my wee in for 3 hours now so i should hopefully get a good result .... im expecting a negative but i hope i get a nice big bright bfp!! Will update soon

its 10:05pm now im trying wait until 11pm but i think ill do it about half past as my stomach is killing me !!

xxxx

So here come the photos !!! opinions please.... thank you xxxxxx

Just to compare ill post all my tests LOL sorry ! I cant put them in one photo ive lost them :(

Test 1 is from saturday
test 2 is from sunday
test 3 is from monday
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture043.jpg

Test 4 is from today (tuesday) and so is test 5 from today.

https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture060.jpg

Test 4 is first thing this morning test 5 was this afternoon ..

test 5 ....

https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture062.jpg

Comparing test 1 and 5 ....

https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture063-1.jpg

Test from tonight tested around 10:20pm i held my urine in for 3 and a half hours for best results

taken about 5 minutes after tonights test ....

https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture065.jpg

Taken about 20 minutes later
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture071.jpg

my ebay cheap test taken from the same urine sample ....
https://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/mummy2be123/Picture072.jpg

Any opinions please ????? thanks in advance.

I've got pains in my side/back stomach atm .... so im expecting bad news tomorrow!! I've got a internet cheap test left now no frer until they come so ill test tomorrow with that and update.

I really hope i dont have a chemical or miscarriage im sooooooo nervous ive put a liner on so if i bleed in the night ill know (fingers crossed i dont)

thanks everyone in advance for your posts advice and support its all appreciated xxx

Well at this stage hun it looks like you've had over 5 BFP's. That's good in anyones book.

I had the same thing with lighter tests. Once I got a darker one I just stopped testing. Heaps of people on here said it happened to them and comparing them/taking more just freaks you out.

Are the pains really bad or light?

The pains in my sides have stopped now but my stomach ache is like an 'ache' if you know what i mean? I'm going phone my doctors again tomorrow beg them for a blood test its making me bad :( And ive had bfps just they dont get darker and are getting lighter.

If my doctors wont do a blood test (they dont even do pregnancy tests!!) I'm going phone around cause its making me bad now xx

They're all positive, so that's a plus.

I noticed that you're three weeks and three days pregnant at the mo. When is/was your period due?

Are you holding your pee in before taking the tests and not drinking and eating lots?

I would definitely try and get it confirmed with bloods if it's upsetting you this much. Stress is only going to make you feel worse.

xx

They're all positive, so that's a plus.

I noticed that you're three weeks and three days pregnant at the mo. When is/was your period due?

Well basically my last period was 6th july but my periods are messed up since i had my son just over 8 months ago ... i tested from 6th august daily and i got my bfp on saturday on a frer :flower:

Are you holding your pee in before taking the tests and not drinking and eating lots?

I would definitely try and get it confirmed with bloods if it's upsetting you this much. Stress is only going to make you feel worse.

xx

Thanks ... well im hoping they will if not im going see if i can find a pregnancy advisory clinic locally im not sure if they can do blood tests but this is horrible its the not knowing

xxx :hugs:

I hope you can get an appointment sooner rather than later!

I haven't had bloods yet. So I'm just going by the fact that I've had four BFPs (two of which were lighter) and I haven't bled yet. I'm very regular since coming off bcp and I'm 6 days late for AF though - so that sort of helps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->