Link to birth story added!!! False labour? every 5 mins have to lean through them...

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
This mornings pains and BH's have turned into contractions, approx every 5 mins and quite short (30 secs?), but intense enough to have me leaning and wincing through each one. (I'm fine inbetween)

Can't help feeling this is another false alarm as they feel very 'frontal' rather than all round my back and top of bump. DH is at work and super busy so I'm just going to see what happens for now...

Could it be labour you think? Or just another bloody painful trial run lol :dohh::shrug:

Id monitor them, if you have a smartphone then theres some good apps you can get that will time the frequency of them...

see if they have any pattern to them....my two previous labours normally started contractions every 5 minutes lasting about 40 seconds ish to begin with I think they they gradually got closer together and lasting longer.

Id say it does sound like you could be in the very early stages of labour, good luck, hope it progresses into something!!

x

Exciting Dan-o! Fx'd this is it :) I'll be stalking for updates!

Oh hun I really hope this is it for you youve had so much false labour xxx

Thanks ladies! Still coming regularly but ease off if i lie down. Just feeding my boy his lunch and I'm going out for a walk to see if that helps. Managed to get my mum to come along in case things ramp up! Just wish I knew either way lol!

Good luck and enjoy the sun it's beautiful out there today x

Well not much change really, was able to walk through them just about, but since I've been home I'm leaning and puffing again. Phoned L&D and they said it's probably 'head fitting pains' Never heard of this before but it feels like labour that's not progressing very fast to me.
Was advised the good old paracetamol and a nice warm bath, then call up later.
Had to LOL @ that advice as it will be pretty much impossible as I'm at home on my own with our 20 month old toddler, who is currently climbing up the walls for some reason :haha:

Sounds like early labor to me! It's been several hours of regular contractions...sounds very promising!

Coming on thick and fast now, sadly got to go into delivery suite and get my iv antibiotics now, wish i coul stay at home, never mind don't think ill be coming back pregnant lol!!!

Good luck dano!!!! Hope everything goes wellif this is it! Excited for you xxx

Eeek....this is excited! Hope you are getting ready to have your baby. Keep us posted.

Yippee! Can't wait! Praying for a smooth delivery for you!

yaaaayy dan-o!!! good luck lovely xxxx

good luck hun!! hope it flies by and everything turns out great x

Good luck lovely <3 all the best xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back