Liquid Iron...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Beautywithin, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Beautywithin

Beautywithin Mummy of two

just back from MW, and my iron level is extremely low, i cant take the tabs, because i find them hard to swallow, so she said i could take it in liquid form... but forgot to mention where i can get it from, i take it any health shop? x

2. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

check with your pharmacy, they do have coated tablets which are easier to swallow than the normal ones

3. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

Spartone is the one I have been taking. Comes in little sachets that you can mix with orange juice. I also got Ferrous Fumerate Liquid prescribed by the doctor which is mega strong, tastes like blood unless mixed with orange juice.

4. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

just to add you can get Spartone from Boots on the 3 for 2 multi vit offer if they are still doing it.

5. AP

AP Well-Known Member

The liquid one is called sytron and you can get it from pharamacys - my LO takes it!

6. smartie

smartie 1 Prince, 1 Princess

I've also been taking Spatone. Apparantely taking it with fresh OJ helps your body absorb it.