Lists of things you might want at your home water birth

Does anyone know if they administer syntometrine in the US? I told my sister I didn't want the shot after to deliver my placenta and she had no idea what I was talking about. I can only imagine if they do administer it she'd had have it as she had an Epi for each kid. I can't seem to find any info on google.

I think it very likely that she did have the synthetic Oxytocin, because she was under consultant care.. to have her epi. Also It has become a routine procedure in the US - though in the US they tend to describe it more by the ergometrine acting agent?

I'm sad to say she might not have even been asked - sometimes it is just put to women in this way "now I need to give you the drug to deliver the placenta"
It could have been given intra-muscularly, but I think she prob had a canella set-up already.. in light of the epi, and low dose put in in directly.?
I really hope your sister DIDN'T experience this language, and knew what was happening..?!?!? What does she say?
xXx

I think it very likely that she did have the synthetic Oxytocin, because she was under consultant care.. to have her epi. Also It has become a routine procedure in the US - though in the US they tend to describe it more by the ergometrine acting agent?

I'm sad to say she might not have even been asked - sometimes it is just put to women in this way "now I need to give you the drug to deliver the placenta"
It could have been given intra-muscularly, but I think she prob had a canella set-up already.. in light of the epi, and low dose put in in directly.?
I really hope your sister DIDN'T experience this language, and knew what was happening..?!?!? What does she say?
xXx

Well she doesn't think she was given a shot, and if they did give her anything it must have gone through her IV. Would that be right in saying? She's very supportive of me not having the shot because if she had been asked she wouldn't have either. But from what I know she'd need it after have the Drip and the Epi (She obviously get the drip after the Epi slowed down labour). She just honestly doesn't know though which I think is just wrong. How can you be given something without being told?

I've hijacked my own thread, so it's ok! :thumbup:

Oh RIGHT! So she was already having the synotocin in the drip when her labour slowed down. It is the same drug used to induce/strengthen labour as to deliver the placenta. So she had already consented to it.
XxX

Oh RIGHT! So she was already having the synotocin in the drip when her labour slowed down. It is the same drug used to induce/strengthen labour as to deliver the placenta. So she had already consented to it.
XxX

I will let her know this. After 3 kids and she had no idea that's how she had her placenta. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->