Little bit of bright red blood and light/moderate cramping - any hope?

nixm

Reaction score
So last night when I went to the bathroom their was some blood in the toilet and when I wiped some more. It was quite red. Not like my period though. Almost like it was diluted. I put a pad in and went to bed. This morning there was 2 drops on the pad so it had stopped. When I while now there is a bit of dried blood. I have been having cramps from ovulation but I think they might have gotten stronger. I know I am grasping at straws but is there any hope left? Everything that I have read said bright red is not good. Especially with cramps. The cramps are only noticeable when I lie on my back. And not bad enough for a pill. I am still very very early, 4 weeks. Will phone doc tomorrow and just update her. Anyone else had such an experience not ending in miscarriage? O my hcg was on the low side at 11dpo (17) but quadruppled to 63 by 13dpo. So it was rising. Will Probably get another test tomorrow. Aaaaargh! Sorry for the rambling but this is my first pregnancy so was hoping for a smoother ride than this.

UPDATE:

Just wanted to give an update as when I posted this I found a lot of ppl asking and then never knew the outcome. I am 7+4 today and just had a scan where we heard a healthy strong hb of 168! So far so good!

Hi. No advice but I'm in a similar situation. Had bright red blood when I wiped this morning. Quite a bit of it on first wipe but now nothing in pants and nothing since. I've put on a pad but it is clean. Also having cramps but have had mild cramps the whole time so far. These seem stronger though. Called midwife, she said to go to A&E if it continues and see GP tomorrow either way to get checked. Don't know what to think. Trying not to worry but can't help thinking the worst.

I hope you are ok, it is very scary. Just a matter of wait and see I guess xx

I thought I was reading my post! Exactly the same! Also quite a bit when I first saw it but then nothing. How far along are you? Definitely scary and heart breaking. I am kind of making myself ready for the worst. Hoping for the best though! Such a rollercoaster!! Good luck and let me know what happens!!

I'm 5 weeks so early for me too. I just feel like I'm in limbo at the moment. I always assumed with mc that there would be a lot more blood but I really have no idea what is going on or what to expect.

Good luck to you too, let me know what your doc says xx

Yes I had this on Thursday. It turned to heavy bleeding within 10 minutes (literally ran out of me every time I stood up) and lasted an hour. Then slowed to darker red medium flow for about 24 hours now just bright red spotting. It's a bleed in my uterus (subchorionic hematoma) and I've actually had this twice before! Once was with my son. :flower: x

at 3 weeks 5 days I had something similar - when I wiped, and then strings of blood mixed with mucus after a bowel movement. Nothing since. I am 5 weeks today, and my hcgs have been very good - so I am hoping it meant nothing, maybe a late implantation bleed (at the time I was certain the pregnancy was doomed). In my last pregnancy that lead to miscarriage, I had very light pink spotting when wiping every few days or so...

Dan-o how far along are you? Mine was only the one time when I went to the bathroom. It was bright red but almost diluted. Today I have only had a tad bit of dried blood. Nothing else. It's the cramping that's got me a bit concerned.

Just got back from the out of hours GP. Started bleeding again, not enough to soak the pad but a lot when I wipe. He said this can be normal and he would only consider it a light bleed which I find astonishing as there seems to be a lot of blood to me. He said if it gets worse, like dripping down my thighs, go to A&E straight away. If I'm still bleeding like this in the morning, book in with my GP and they'll arrange an early scan.

Reading the other replies has given me a little hope that all will be ok but if I'm honest, I don't think this is going end well.

I had some red spotting at 4 weeks. I rang & asked to speak to my gp (couldn't get appointment that day & so explained all to receptionist who put my call through). My Gp arranged a scan at the early pregnancy assessment unit at the hospital for the next day. I rang at lunchtime but was told that the hospital only do emergency scans in the morning - if I'd called earlier I might have been given a scan on the same day.

Really hope all is well hun :hugs:

Oh & my scan went well. I'm now 7 weeks and have a follow up scan this week.

Thinking of you

I had bright red blood last week as well. I was so worried, thinking the worst, convincing myself that my symptoms were gone, etc. I found a private scan facility and was given an appointment for later that same day. Everything turned out fine! My doctor said that bleeding in early pregnancy can be completely normal, even if it's bright red blood.

I know it is so difficult when you are in the dark, but it is entirely possible that everything is going to be just fine!!:flower:

Thanks for all the replies! My husband just reminded me that I have endometriosis and af was suppose to show this weekend. So maybe it is some tiny spot of tissue outside my uterus that caused the tiny bit of blood. I am probably grasping at straws! Wow never thought pregnancy would be THIS stressful so early on!

Any more news snoopee? Thinking of you! I phoned my doc and was sent for a another blood test. Sitting and waiting anxiously for the results. Thinking about telling my parents tonight as we are going away together on Thursday for a week and don't really want to be lying and making up excuses for a whole week. I haven't had any more bleeding just cramping.

Well I just got my result and it is 557. So my rise is
11dpo: 17
13 dpo: 63
17 dpo: 557

Not good news I'm afraid. I have been bleeding heavily since yesterday afternoon. I'm booked in for a scan for next week as it's too early to see anything but I think it's safe to say I've lost it. I'm devastated, can't quite believe this has happened.

I'm glad to see that your results are looking good though. Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes a little more smoothly xx

oh no! I have read a lot of threads about bleeding and some ladies have said that even through heavy bleeding + clots they had a successful pregnancy. I would say keep testing and check if the lines get darker, if you are as impatient as I am.

Please keep me updated!! Thinking of you! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I still don't think I am in the clear though. DH keeps telling me everything will be fine but I still have cramping and am still spotting brown. The ob told me that she doesn't really believe in betas as everything can be going normally and you can still have a miscarriage. But I am a big worrier!! As I have an autoimmune disease (arthritis) as well as endometrioses and a heart valve that's not perfect! Also I am on heavy drugs for the arthritis (weening of them as quickly as possible though).

Hi ladies, I'm in the same boat, I'm just 5 wks today and started brown spotting at lunchtime. It's now red and heavier and I'm feeling mildly crampy. Phoned the Dr, had a telephone appt... And he basically told me to wait and see.. Said it may or may not be a MC. Won't check my hcg levels, won't refer me to EPAU.. Absolutely useless.. I read so many threads of women in the same boat having scans and blood tests, but the bloody NHS Dr's here won't do anything...

Pretty sure this one is gone and we've been TTC for well over a year!! But I have a beautiful little boy already so trying to focus on the positives..

This is me!! Ive had it since 9 dpo which i assumed was implantation but im 14 dpo and it hasnt gone away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->