little bleeding during m/c

tryingfaith

Reaction score
I am 7 weeks pregnant and I I am currently having a m/c..I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum ( 6weeks 1 day) last week and opted to use cytotec to help bring on m/c. I have taken all 4 pills 12 hours apart starting Wednesday night. Nothing heavy seems to be happening, I am bleeding very little if at all. Just a little when I wipe and sometimes if I stand up (but not usually) My beta level is dropping slowly it was 10,640 on Monday and last night it was 8,427. This is good, but Im not sure what to think. I went to th ER to see what they said, and they sent me home and said give the cytotec pills time to work. Anyone experience very little no almost no bleeding during a m/c?

hi there, first of all im so sorry for your loss. and although every woman is different, i hope i can shed some light for you...

i had a blighted ovum, found out at our scan at 11+2, and decided to let nature take its course...

a few days later i had very mild bleeding ( what you have described) and this carried on for 2 days.

the bleeding then became a little heavier, like that of a normal period, and then over the course of another 2 days, started with mild cramps which gradually got very painful ( i took no pain relief though which may explain why it was so bad) and after about 4 hours of severe cramps and contractions, i passed everything at home. bear in mind i was 4 weeks farther than you, so i probably passed more than you may,,, there were a lot of quite large clots, and once the placenta had passed, the pain disappeared immediately, i then had to go to the hospital as i was bleeding heavily but the nurses monitored me and the only intervention that was needed was removing a few clots that were keeping my cervix open which explained why i bled so much.

then i bled for what seemed like a normal period for 6 or 7 days,

like i said before every woman is different, but when it happened to me no one told me what was going to happen, and how much blood etc there would be, which scared me...but having said that, i know now that, although it was a horrible experience and a very emotional time for us, that it was "normal" if you know what i mean.

if you have any questions or fears, give the EPU a call and ask them for some advice, wish you well hun :hugs:

Sorry to hear for your loss. I had very little to no bleeding after my Cytotec pills (and I had a subchorionic haematoma and had been bleeding for a month due to that). After 4 days (when I thougth the pills would be "done"), I suddenly started bleeding huge amounts and passed the sac, all within 2 hours. You may have to wait a bit longer still.

Thank you for your responses. I have started to bleed a bit heavier in the past 2 days. Still very crampy, and achey, but hoping this will pass soon. Sorry for you losses it is such a tragic time. =( I am hopeful though to try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->