Little nervous

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Sherileigh, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

Hey ladies, I need some reassurance here. I just went to the toilet and have a light light pink trace on the tissue....no real cramping right now. Just what I've gotten the last few days, like a mild period pain. Should I be concerned?? :cry:

2. Sherileigh

I'm still having some trouble, was wondering if anyone out there had some advice? There's been more pink since...on underwear and toilet (sorry TMI).
    Thanks

3. lammy456

lammy456 pregnant omg possibly 2

pink is not a cause for concern however red is it means its fresh x

4. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Hi hun,

I think lammy is right, as long as it's not bright and fresh looking blood. Do you have any pain or other unusual symptoms?

5. lammy456

google cervical erosion that can be it its not a problem at all just pergnancy can cause cervix to become sensitive at first x

6. Sherileigh

I just have some mild period like cramps...have had them for about a week or so....?

7. lammy456

thats sometimes due to uterus stretching it can feel like a pulling x

8. Suze

I get odd feelings of period pain which don't last terribly long but do worry me. If in any doubt ring your GP ... sorry don't know what country/time zone you're in. I think they do a pain scale thing, 1 being totally and utterly manageable pains/twinges up to 10 being absolutely unmanageable and I think if you're above a 6 or 7 you should seek advice.
    However I think it is VERY normal for a lot of women to experience a bit of bleeding so long as it's not heavy and bright in colour.

9. Sherileigh

Thanks guys...I think I might just go to see my doctor tomorrow morning, at least for some peace of mind!

10. Suze

No probs hun, try to relax a bit and I'm sure all will be fine, but I think it's best to get checked out if you're really worried, for peace of mind
    Let us know how you get on :hug:

11. lammy456

definitly a good idea. x

12. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Cramps are so frustratingly normal the whole way through.

Try not to panic - Its hard so I say try! Blood in discharge can be something but nothing. I had a right history and with my viable pregnancy (my Caitlin) I had this through most of my first trimester I would contact the GP first thing (need an early appointment) & if they have their head screwed on they may refer you for a checkup at the EPU (early preg unit) or if you wanted you could ring them yourself just ring your local hospital ask for the EPU and explain your 6/7 weeks pregnant, what you have experienced ask for advice ...they may ask you to go in.

Good luck I hope it stops x

13. Sherileigh

Thanks...I will post an update here tomorrow after I see my DR.

14. massacubano

massacubano Guest

await your update! I have been spotty too, but still sick and growing...

15. Lizzie Lou

Lizzie Lou Well-Known Member

Hi Sherileigh, I had this too at 5wks and still get some of the period type pains now - i only had one bit of blood but it was pink and scared me to death! Anyway I've had too scans since and so far everything is fine so try not to stress too much :hugs: I would go and speak to your dr though. Thinking of you :hug:

16. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Hope alls ok hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

17. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

hey chick im no doctor but this sounds like implantation bleeding to me but go to ur doc anyways xx

18. bethyb

bethyb Expecting our third!!!

Make sure u mention how much bleeding u have had. I had slight pink spotting and went on to miscarry. HOWEVER! lots of women on here have had similar bleeding and all been well so it doesnt always mean bad news but the myth a little bit of pink spotting is not a worry is def wrong. tell ur doctor u want a scan on epu fo reassurance. But looking at ur dates it could be implantation bleeding hun. So dont worry just get it checked out! best of luck.

19. Sherileigh

I went to see the doctor this morning..the light pink spotting had stopped overnight. He said that he wanted to take some blood today, and again on monday. I'll go in and see him on wednesday morning to see the results. I asked him if I should be worried, he said not at all...so I'm hoping he's right. I also will be seeing my OB/GYN for my first visit on friday. Of course I had to tell my boss now, since i have 3 appts next week which I'll have to miss some work for all of them. So this weekend I will just take it easy, if it comes back, then I can always go to ER and see if they can give me a scan then...but hopefully it won't!
    Thanks everyone...will let you know what happens next week!

20. maria26pc

maria26pc Well-Known Member

relax hun.....probably nothing as its pink....still give a call to your MW if it happens again