little things to make you feel more attractive...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by April2012, Nov 18, 2011.

1. April2012

April2012 I have a beautiful boy!

I, personally, am waiting for that second trimester "radiance" to kick in...when my skin and hair glow and I feel great! But...I am not holding my breath.

So, what are you all doing to make yourself feel a bit more...attractive?

I scheduled my hair color "touch-up" for next week. That typically picks me up a bit...damn dark roots!

post your ideas and suggestions. :dust:

2. fallenangel11

fallenangel11 A little bit pregnant

Hehe, I'm the same.
    I'm not feeling that 'glowing, energetic, sexy' thing yet at all. And all my pregnancy books say I should :(
    I think I might need to get my blondness put back thru my hair...I've let my natural color come thru a bit more and it looks good, but I miss being really 'blond'.
    I got my hair cut a few weeks back...and sometimes I like it sometimes I don't.

I just don't feel very sexy lately at all :(

DH bought me some lingere last week (I think he's noticed I've just been a dit down) and that made me feel better, but it didn't last long.

I'm only 15 weeks so I'm not even big yet....now I'm worried about what I'll b like when I'm 7+ months pregnant!

3. jenp86

jenp86 :)

I'm getting a very well needed and long over due hair cut lol it needs life in it again

4. Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty Mammy to Logan xxxx

im going to get my underarms and eyebrows waked on monday, i love the feeling you have after getting somthing like that done, just feel fresh hehe

5. bumpbear

bumpbear First time mama

I just stick with regularly getting my eyebrows threaded, wearing blusher and mascara. If my face looks pretty, I feel pretty!

6. missvikki

missvikki Well-Known Member

Sounds really silly but I love it when I have time to spend ages shaving my legs so that I don't miss any bits. Then I exfoliate and put on moisturiser so that they are super soft. It just makes me feel loads better :)

7. Jennifurball

Jennifurball Mother of 1 and a bump!

Just little things like shaving my legs, painting my toe nails/finger nails. Buying new make up, really want to dye my hair too to spruce me up. I had my hair cut last week and I don't like it, OH said it was too short last night too. :cry:

8. Sew_Sweet

Sew_Sweet Well-Known Member

I always make sure my hair is fixed nicely and my makeup is on. Just those two things help immensely.

9. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

I wash my hair more often than I usually would (usual is every 4 days as I got dry hair) and now is every 2 to 3. Nothing is nicer than having fresh hair. I also like to fake a pregnancy glow with Posie Tint from Benefit. ;)

10. April2012

April2012 I have a beautiful boy!

these are all great ideas! i am trying to learn to be better with makeup and hair...typically i don't pay too much attention to either one...but i think it would make me feel better to look a bit more pulled together.

11. BleedingBlack

BleedingBlack Well-Known Member

I keep my hair colored but change it up from time to time, get it cut and always wear makeup but it's never the same thing ever day.

12. punk_chick

punk_chick Well-Known Member

I treat myself once a week to a face pack, do my nails and paint my toe nails and pamper myself :)

13. Reno

Reno Mama to 2 boys

I had a pamper session this morning, soak in the bath with a face pack...so relaxing! Had my hair cut this afternoon which was long overdue and then did a manicure in front of the telly this evening! I am feeling rather good about myself tonight, but sooo tired after a long day of relaxing! Lol! If only every day could be a saturday!

14. Boothh

Boothh Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels

Keeping on top of my eyebrows i think that helps immensely! Iv been meaning to dye my hair for a few weeks going to do it tomorrow while I have time!
    Benefit spin the bottle foundation and a bit of blush and mascara! Legs and underarms shaved and nails done! I think spending a few minutes to out your outfit together is good too rather than just throwing on the nearest thing! And don't wear things that don't fit!