Living arangements?

Last August I moved in with my OH and we both found it really stressful, he ended up finding his own place by November! I think if you're going to move in together, do it well before LO arrives. Get over the shock/change of living together before you have the shock/change of having a baby. I think doing it both at once would be really hard and stressful.

As for me, I'm continuing sixthform, and I'll be living with my Auntie, Uncle, 2 cousins, OH and our LO's. Mainly for the help and support. Good luck :) :flower:

Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:
I'm Lorna 19 I have a 5month old baby boy called Michael

I moved out last October and Michael was born in December, but I defiantly agree with the above post you need a minimum of a month or two to see how you get on together and to get used to each other’s living habits.

I think when a baby comes along you need your own space (if this is possible in your own personal circumstance) as parents can be overbearing and disagree with how you parent etc.

My OH works 7am-5pm every day, I'm starting university in October this year and I'm looking in the local shops to see if I can get a small part time job, as LO will be in a full time crèche 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. This arrangement is perfect for us as his parents are a street away and mine are two streets away (2min walk) so it’s perfect. For the first while we had horrendous money struggles now we are quite comfy. We live In a 3bed room house, got all our own furniture and had a lot of deposits/rent to pay but I couldn’t cope now without my space. Even if me and OH were to finish I would stay put.

If you decide to move out try and stay close to your family and friends as you don’t want to feel isolated with a small baby, but you have loads of time to think I never started looking until I was around 26-27weeks ;)

Good Luck ;) xxx

Thanks very much for your answers girls.
I think i will give it more thought instead of jumping in at the deep end
:hugs:

Hey, i hardly post on here so
For most who dont know much about me.
Im 17 and 5W6D pregnant
I live in england in a 3 bedroom house with my brother sister and mother.

My boyfriends mother says that i should move so me him and the baby can have our own space.
But im not too sure:shrug:?
I will be continuing college next september and i am also aiming to go to univeristy so im wondering if living alone with my boyfriend, having a baby, education and job all at the same time will be too much?
Or shall i wait a couple of years before i move out?
Im so confused!
What would your advice be and how are your living arrangements made to suit you?
Does you OH work full time? Do you think that you can financially do it? Even with benefits? If so, go ahead but as the girls before me have said do it before LO comes along, you also dont want to be in the stress of moving house just before LO comes, you want to be settles in by the time LO is here. I moved in with my OH may 2010 (Me and OH are living in my mum's now though as there was dry rot in the house and it wasnt healthy for me to be there being pregnant) we absolutely loved having our own place. Give it some though and try to work through how much it's going to cost financially before you say definitely to anything though. Good Luck xxx

My OH and I moved into our first apartment five days before Mady was born. That was really stressful. :wacko: I love having my own space and being in my own place but it was a big adjustment at first. And now that we're living with my mom again because of financial problems and stupid landlords I'm even more anxious to get out again. That's good and bad.

Just make sure you thoroughly look at all of your options and make sure it won't be too much stress. It probably wouldn't hurt if you and your OH waited a few months after the baby's born and just save all your money in the mean time so you have something to fall back on if something happens (car unexpectedly breaks down, a paycheck not what you expected it to be, etc.) Good luck with whatever you decide, hun. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->