Living off toast and cereals

c beary83

Reaction score
Anyone else :shrug:

I feel really bad that I'm not eating nutritious meals but it's all I can stomach :cry:

hang in there! I am nauseas 24-7 but have not thrown up...yet. So Im betting I will soon be on the same diet.

Me too, I just keep having to have a slice of toast every few hours to keep me going :( I feel bad not having any vegetables or anything but anything else just makes me sick!

Try to take your prenatal every day and eat whatever you can stomach right now. You still have plenty of vitamin stores left from before you conceived. These will last for much longer unless you already had a deficiency. My biggest piece of advice is that if you can't keep a whole prenatal down, try just taking folate (or folinic or folic acid. It's the same thing, but folinic is more easily used by the body than folate which is more easily used than folic acid) and vitamin D. I take a prenatal about 5 days a week and take a very high dose (10,000) of vitamin D each week along with methyl folinic.

Aww no sorry cbeary :hugs:

I will be in the same boat to soon I get so so Ill I am crazy that I wanted to be pregnant again! :lol:

Keep takin what you can drink fruit juice in sips of you can manage and yes your prenatal

Xx

I read and been told in the first trimester just eat what you can, when you can even if it is mostly junk food or not the healthiest diet longs your eating some sort of food.

Then when your sickness/nausea starts to fade away (if it does) then start to add in some healthy meals or just some healthy snacks

Feel better soon :)

This is still me!! I know pregnancy can create food aversions, with my daughter it was meat but this time round it's everything.

I saw my midwife yesterday because like you all I can stomach or look forward to is toast which might have marmite or cheese spread on and cereal, anything from coco pops to shredded wheat and ready salted crisps and she said that's fine. If that's what works go with it, she also said the only person that will suffer will me (or us in this case) because bean will take EVERYTHING they need from you so don't worry :hugs:

Thanks everyone. Sorry you've still got it rainbow - I was thinking optimistically and thought it should ease off around the nine week mark?

It's toast and marmite for me. In fact I'm craving some now:winkwink:

Same boat. Or plain bagels. And ice cream for sure.

Same here, as well. Have had all day nausea since about 5+3 and the only thing I could stomach was crackers... Strangely enough today I had a brief craving for McDonald's fish fillet and fries (haven't touched fast food in almost 15 years) and it tasted great! Like others have said, just eat whatever sounds even remotely appealing and you can keep down until the nausea subsides, and you'll have plenty of time to eat healthy for the rest of the pregnancy. Here's hoping it goes by quick!

With DD1 I lived on white bread, corn flakes and rice crispies for the first trimester😉 I was taking folic acid and that was it.

Me too ! Sometimes I think I want dinner and hubby will cook up a nice meal, I'll eat some of it and feel so sick :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->