lmp or ultrasound date?

stacey1691

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new :) I would just like to know whether I should go by my lmp or ultrasound date. This mau get confusing! Basically, 4 weeks ago I went to the doctors as I'd found out I was pregnant a few days before. I told the doctor I had a tiny bleed on 19th march, which was nothing like my usual periods. So he estimated I was around 6 weeks, I believe I was further than this. Then on 3/6 I was told I was 23 weeks 2 days...which meant I conceived 22nd dec, and my last period was nov 29th...so going by my lmp I'd be 27 weeks tomorrow. I haven't put that much weight on and the tech couldn't measure her properly to say how far I actually am. Thanks guys!

id go by lmp as the tech couldnt give proper measurments are they going to rescan you ? x

My mw told me its the ultrasound date, as my LO was measuring 2 days ahead of my LMP due date, she said that the 20 week scan measurement will be the one we go by, not LMP. But as pp said, as they couldnt measure her properly, im not sure!! How confusing!! I would imagine they will re scan u, and give u an accurate due date??? Why couldnt the tech measure her properly?? Was she moving lots?? Was it a big surprise for you finding out?? Or did u know?? It must be strange finding out when ur so far along!!

Yeah I've got another one on june 22nd. I also forgot to mention at my booking appt with midwife on june 1st, she measured my stomach and said its heartbeat was that of a 25 week old and put I was 26 weeks into the system, which agrees with my lmp, very confused! X

She wouldn't keep still, I was in there for ages! A complete surprise, I was sure I was further than 6 weeks at that time as I already had a slight bump. I've had hardly any symptoms, only using the bathroom more and backache really, but I always put that down to drinking lots and my job as a nursery nurse! X

Thats crazy, finding out when ur so far along!! Have u felt baby move or anything? As ur fundus height seems to confirm ur LMP due date, id personally be inclined to go by that for the time being!! I cant believe that uv probably only got about 12 weeks left!!

Congratulations by the way- feels weird saying that to you, seeing as ur pretty much in the third trimester (not entirely sure when it 'officially' starts, but u must be close!!!) :)

if your fundal height matches your LMP roughly id go by then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"