LO choked on baby biscuit!

Janeysaney

Reaction score
He's ate these particular biscuits so many times and I've never had a problem but today for some reason he choked. I think he took a big bite. He started choking and his face went bright red. My sis was around and she cleared his mouth of the biscuit. I then took him and put him face down and like massaged his back or something (can't really remember what I did, was in too much of a shock). He seemed fine after that. I gave him juice and he burped.

He's ate a baby rice cake since then and seems fine, and he's vomited since. But I'm just really scared and worried that it might be stuck in his throat and I feel like the worlds worst mum! What do you lot think I should do? Will he be fine or should I take him to a & e. I'm so scared and am becoming all paranoid.

Gosh how frightening for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm sure you would know by now if anything was left in his throat. Your not a terrible mother, these things happen, don't beat yourself up over it I'm sure he is fine now :thumbup:

Chocking is my biggest fear :wacko: I hope you are ok :hugs:

That's so scary! I attended a baby first aid course yday so it sounds very raw to me! Your boy sounds fine given that he is eating, burping, etc. since.

You're a good calm mom. Can I ask how your sister cleared his mouth of the biscuit? just nosy in case I'll need to do it.

I too took an infant first aid course a few weeks ago. The lady even had me try out the position on LO, but I'm sure it's much scarier when you need to actually do it and do it fast.

He sounds like he's fine. I'm sure if something is wrong he's still be at least coughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->