LO feeding VERY regularly

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, how often is 'normal' for a bf baby to have between feeds?

It feels like my LO is permanently attached to my boob. She rarely goes an hour and a half between feeds, and on a bad day can be as often as every 20 mins or so (we're having one of these nights tonight - I'm exhausted!)

The other thing is she uses my boob for comfort sucking and rarely falls asleep without it. The problem is no-one else can settle her. It's upsetting my husband that if I pop to the shop for something and she becomes upset, he cannot settle her and she screams until me and my boobs are back.

She won't take a dummy, we've tried many types.

Help :flower:

Its totally normal and judging by your various blinkies and tickers you should be splat bang in the middle of the horror 6 week growth spurt right about now; honestly it really should settle down in a few weeks at most-and for many babies it does noticeably settle down between 6-8 weeks and they space out their feeds a lot more, lessen the cluster feeding and feed for shorter periods as well xx

Thank you both, your replies are very reassuring :)

Hi Roxy! I remember you from the loss forums :flower:

My babe is almost 6 weeks now and seems to be feeding all the time...not much sleep here either...seems to be like yours - hoping it's a growth spurt because it's so tiring. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->