LO gained 30oz in 3 weeks

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
I went today to finally get discharged from the MW, my son is 5 weeks but has prolonged jaundice so that's why. Anyway he was born at 8lb 2, went down to 7lb 8, regained his birthweight by just over 2 weeks and since has gained 10oz a week. Today all the other midwives on the team were there and they were going to make me take LO back to hospital for checks AGAIN! Even though they discharged us from the childrens outpatients nearly 2 weeks ago now. I tried to explain to them not only had they done all the tests (and done some of them 3 times without any need) but my others were jaundiced for a long time (one had relatively high levels for over 3 months), also he is very alert and also feeding well. Also if they saw my other kids who have quite sallow complexions, this little guy looks positively rosy in comparison. Unfortunately the stupid hospital didn't give us any paperwork or write anything in his red book to say he'd been discharged. Thankfully though my usual midwife was milling about and said he's less yellow than he was and she herself has come across many harmless cases of prolonged jaundice, so they had to discharge us. I'm now worried though that the GP at my 6-8 weeks check will try and make us go back to a+e also because we only moved to this area a year ago so she didn't see how my other kids were.

How tiring. Think they are just covering for themselves. Your little one seems healthy enough!

Thanks! Yes its ridiculous. A lot of it was down to their hideous flourescent lighting as well, in daylight he has barely a tinge of yellow. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->