LO has been puking alot :-(

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
hi ladies Jack has been puking after his feeds since last night. 2 times last night and then i was terrified during his night feed that he would do it again but he didn't so i thought great but after his feed this morning we got ready and it was nearly an hour after we put him in his car seat, got into the car and were just turning the car and he puked everywhere :cry: the poor little thing. hes not grumpy or sick. he has reflux and gets the infant gaviscon in every bottle and its great but i'm just wondering is it possible that he can develop a milk intolerance at this stage cos he was fine with his milk till now :shrug: i have my 6 week check on wednesday and am bringing him with me so i will ask the nurse then but thought you ladies might be able to help me before then :hug:

Does he have a cold at the minute ? Kaitlin ws being really sick, bringing up whole feeds, but it had alot of musus in it.HV said its a cold and thats their way of getting rid of it, by being sick........

I dont know anything about milk intolerance though.hope he is better soon xx

could be a milk intolerance hun, my daughter had it and we changed her onto soya milk...she was great after that and then she grew out of it so were all good and dandy now, have a chat with the doc or hv

good luck

h x

What milk are you using??

i'm using cow & gate comfort milk as he was on aptimal and was constipated so nurse recommended this. he was fine with it till now though.

he doesn't have a cold. i will talk to the nurse on wednesday. i'm thinking that it possibly is an intolerance :cry:

:hug: Hope you find out the cause soon (sorry no advice, haven't gone through it myself)

C+G comfort 1 has a really low lactose content which is great as some babies have a reaction to this.
Tabs has reflux too but is on Ranitidine and domperidone to control it. We tried Gaviscon too but to be honest it was crap and making her constipated.
Sometimes if Tabs has a deep burp she will bring up the feed but its mainly controlled by the meds.
Try sitting LO up after a feed for 10-20 mins and raise matress/moses/pram whatever you are using to 30 degrees.
I also swear by the boots own brand gripe water before each feed so the wind comes up straight after instead of getting trapped.
Not sure if all relevant but sending you lots of hugs :hugs:

How many oz does LO take in a feed?

The reason I ask is when Morgan was first on it she was only having 4oz a time, and so only needed 1 sachet of Gaviscon in the bottle... but as the amount increases, you need to use more Gaviscon.... It's one sachet for 115ml (approx 4oz) and 2 sachets for 225ml (approx 8oz) of made up feed....

Problem is, when she was having 5oz and 6oz bottles, she started getting quite sicky again... then it occurred to me that I was still only putting in 1 sachet of Gaviscon and so she probably wasn't getting the dose she needed (you obviously can't measure out 1/2 a sachet!)

So I started making her bottles up with 210ml (7oz) of water and once made up with 7 scoops of formula, it makes it up to just over 225ml so I add two sachets... since doing that she's been a lot... ok, so she rarely drinks the full bottle, and so a fair bit gets wasted, but at least she's getting the dosage she needs.

Hope that might help a bit!

:hug:

How many oz does LO take in a feed?

The reason I ask is when Morgan was first on it she was only having 4oz a time, and so only needed 1 sachet of Gaviscon in the bottle... but as the amount increases, you need to use more Gaviscon.... It's one sachet for 115ml (approx 4oz) and 2 sachets for 225ml (approx 8oz) of made up feed....

Problem is, when she was having 5oz and 6oz bottles, she started getting quite sicky again... then it occurred to me that I was still only putting in 1 sachet of Gaviscon and so she probably wasn't getting the dose she needed (you obviously can't measure out 1/2 a sachet!)

So I started making her bottles up with 210ml (7oz) of water and once made up with 7 scoops of formula, it makes it up to just over 225ml so I add two sachets... since doing that she's been a lot... ok, so she rarely drinks the full bottle, and so a fair bit gets wasted, but at least she's getting the dosage she needs.

Hope that might help a bit!

:hug:

he is taking 5 ozs now. we are making 5 or 6 oz bottles. i wonder if that is the problem. il def say that to the nurse on wednesday. he has had another bottle now and is asleep now so don't think he is going to be sick this time. thanks hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->