Lo keeps punching herself in the head!

kellis

mum of 2
Reaction score
When she's having a bottle or when she's tired, i have to pin her arm down! Does anyone elses lo do this or have any ideas why she does it? I feel bad watching her smack herself lol

I took to swaddling my son again because he does this if he is tired, or he pulls his ear/face.
Maybe you could try it. Archie is asleep within 2 mins if he is swaddled.
xx

Mine used to do that too, he eventually stopped, but now he'll sit there and whack himself in the head with toys for fun.

Mine went through a spell at around 6 months of whacking himself with his rainstick rattle on the leg. He would cause himself bruises! It worried me, but Ive only remembered he did it after reading your post, so it can't have gone on for too long. Hope it's the same for you :) xx

my son punches himself in the stomach and i worry he'll mark himself one day and ill be done for child abuse!!!

i cant see how to stop him though :shrugs:

most probs she is expressing how she feels. D used to hit himself and bang his head when he was frustrated x

i suppose it could be frustration but she is very calm while she does it? I suppose it will pass eventually like all the other little phases they have x

Mine does it when he is tired, I just swaddle and he is asleep within a few minutes! x

Randomly, my lo punches his head when he has an ear infection, could this be a possibility?x

Randomly, my lo punches his head when he has an ear infection, could this be a possibility?x

I didn't think of that although she seems perfectly happy and not in pain but i'll definatley keep an eye on it.

I didn't think of that although she seems perfectly happy and not in pain but i'll definatley keep an eye on it.

Im glad shes ok otherwise, ear infections can be horrid. Keep an eye out for increased ear wax, loose poo that sort of thing. They can be other symptoms.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->