LO loses nipple?

MrsPoodle

Mummy of a Princess
Reaction score
My baby latches on well, but at the start of the feed, she keeps losing the nipple and I have to re-latch her all the time. After about 5 mins though she doesn't do it any more and feeds really well.

Is this normal, as she gets really frustrated.

Could be q slow let down? Maybe lo is getting frustrated waiting for the milk and therefore keeps unlatching until it starts. You could try expressing by hand just before a feed, just enough to get the milk flowing.

Can't think what else it might be, but hopefully someone else mint have some ideas x

awww congrats on your new arrival! I'd say it's just because she's still learning how to feed, it can take a couple of weeks. :hugs:

Sounds pretty normal to me, my LO did that a lot at the beginning and still does sometimes. As Katt said, it's probably your LO being impatient waiting for your milk to let down. That's definately the case with my son, he's a greedy monkey!

my son did that/getting better at getting and keeping it. what im doing it feeding him about every 1 hour to 2 hours just so my body know that he needs more milk and know its getting easier and hes not to fussy anymore. also i started this yesterday and today he latching a lot better. hope this helps :)

My LO does this too & she's about the same age.

She's getting better though

Erin does this now and she's 6m :haha: She is quite a lazy feeder at times though so that what I put it down too.

Your LO may be impaitent waiting for milk to come out and she is still learning. Also, if you are quite engorged at the beginning of a feed, she may find it hard to get a latch and stay on. If it is difficult, trying expressing a bit off first.

Congrats on LO (gorgeous name!!) and good luck!

As annoying as it is, it is pretty normal. DD does this all the time. More often if I am engorged and then after the let down I have to relatch her (oversupply with a strong let down that she splutters at) and she seems to slip everywhere for a while. She is getting better now that she is able to comprehend that boob=milk and she understand what she needs to do to get it rather than going off relfexes to find the nipple.

also try not to use a pacifier or bottle until the baby can latch on correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->