LO sleeping in their own room

sapphire20

Olivia & Alex <3
Reaction score
At the moment Olivia is sleeping in her cot at the end of our bed, shes a really good sleeper 12 hours most nights but over the past few nights we have noticed that shes really restless when shes sleeping and we think it might be the noise we are making around her thats disturbing her sleep, so my question is what age did you put LO in their own room, how did they take to it? and how did you take to it?

We leave her upstairs in our room while we are in the living room most nights for a few hours but im constantly listening to her breathing on the monitor and if I think I cannot hear her I have to get closer to the monitor or even go up and check on her, this can happen every 15 mins or so, I know shes gona have to go into her own room at some point but did anyone else find they find it hard to leave LO with just the monitors, when shes on our room I can hear her and see her moving and it makes me feel so much better im dreading putting her in her own room. But id prefer she got a good night sleep.

Hi, we're having a bit of dilemma about this too. Ruby sleeps in our room in her moses basket but she will not be able to fit into it until 6 months which is the recommended time LO should stay sleeping in your room with you. We've got her a cotbed which will not fit into our room! Surely this must happen to a lot of people, our room is not particularly small either! Also I am sure OH's snoring is disturbing her.

And yes, I hate the idea of her being upstairs on her own so much that she sleeps downstairs until we go up to bed!

luisa was a very light sleeper and HV reccomended i put her in her own room at 9 weeks..

from the first night she started sleeping through

the only way i cope is tht i have an angel care breathing monitor in her cot!!

xx

We moved her when she was about 2mths for the same reason as you, we felt that we were disturbing her sleep, so we bought a video monitor which was great for reasurrance and got me out of checking on her so often and settled my paranoia!

However we havent used anything for months now as it drove me nuts with interfernce noise! (we live on an airbase so it was bad) I kept meaning to get new ones, but never did and I feel fine about it now x

We're going to move him at 13 weeks because we have the same scenario and don't want to throw him in at the deep end when we havent got a cot in our room as a backup on a bad night because he's outgrown it!

1 month old, and she's slept through nearly every night ever since.

Im planning on moving him into his room very soon, as soon as Ive sorted all the crap out in there!! I was going to leave him in with us untill he was 12 months but we keep disturbing him when we go to bed, no matter how much we tiptoe around. x

I moved Tom into his own room about 8/9 months and it was the best thing we did, he started sleeping alot better and took it pretty well :)

We put Isobel into her own room at 13 weeks. She has been sleeping in her cot during the day before she moved in there. I sleep with the parent monitor right by my ear and get up to her twice a night, because she wriggles so much she ends up crammed up against the bars.

Lexi has been in her own room since she was about 9 weeks old. She has slept so much better since she has been in there, sleeping through most nights. We put her up there after her bath and bottle with the baby monitor on then check on her a couple of times before we go to bed. Once we're in bed, we keep the monitor on and check on her if we get up to the toilet xx

LO been in her own room in cot from 13 weeks / 3 months. She started to hit sides of moses basket, so thought it unfair on her. We got an angel care monitor with the breathing mat as she used to breath hold. SO im fine leaving her in there, as i can hear her, and know she's breathing. She's always been a good sleeper though and does just as well in there :D

since she was 5 1/2 months. We all slept much better straight away as we were distubing her during the night and every little noise she made would wake me up!

I am putting my LO in her own room tonight for the first time!.. I tried a week ago.. and ended up making my DH wheel her in her crib back to our room!.. and i have an angel care monitor on her as well.. that think I would recommend for ANYONE.. I sleep at the bottom of the bed so My head is right by hers.. with the monitor on (Talk about paranoid) but tonight I will put her in her own room! And leave her there! she is 6 weeks tomorrow

Day one. He's never slept with us. His room is only about 10 feet down the hall. It helps that we have a video monitor so we watch him.

As soon as Noah grew out of his Moses basket he was in his own cot. Think he was about 3 months old but no more! He has slept 10 times better in his cot than he ever did in his Moses basket. He could spread out a lot more.

My daughter was in her room at 4 weeks and started sleeping through the night from then i think.
With twins i waited longer,because we were moving and they were 5 weeks prem,so i wanted them to get to that corrected age 'one month' stage,so we waited 8 weeks.
They started sleeping 12h from that night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->