LO staying overnight with grandma

Seraphim - when do you see it as OK hun? Just curious really as you say you wouldn't even have them baby sitting :)

Hey Vici... I couldn't really say, no more than I can predict when Summer will decide to show up... The test will really be when grandma or whoever has had enough contact and experience of Hazel to know her needs as well as we do, combined with when she's more aware of who they are and wouldn't feel 'without' her parents if she wasn't to see us when she called etc... when granny's face is as reassuring as mummy or daddys.

It's entirely your decision and if you're comfortable then go for it.

I'm in a strange position in that I would totally trust my MIL to look after Earl overnight but she lives 4 hours away so we stay over too.She is a nurse and has soooo much experience with children and she respects us as parents! She has offered to look after him over night so we get a full night's sleep but when he was 10 days old (last time we were there) I wasn't ready to relinquish him. Now, with him 2 months old, I would probably jump at the chance (we're meant to be going in Feb so maybe then).

My Mum on the other hand I really wouldn't trust her. There are a lot of issues there, but there is one thing, she is on anti-depressants and can't handle pressure.....so how could she cope with him in the middle of the night when even I will admit he can be a handful (he's not good when sleepy.....just like Mummy and Daddy!). My step-dad has one hell of a temper(I know from experience) and I don't like the thought of something happening. They don't listen to me about what to feed my dog when they visit so how can I trust them not to give Earl something he shouldn't have? My Mum has a habit of not putting him down too....and he's not good if he gets too hot, and she's always got 4 jumpers on due to bad circulation ....it all adds up to NOOOOOOOOOO! lol

I think if you have a good relationship with her then I don't see why not as baby has to get used to people, and different ways of doing things. If it doesn't go well then you could maybe wait a while until you try again, but if nothing else you would get a break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->