LO wont have a late afternoon nap!

babyfromgod

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
My 3 month old refuses to have a late afternoon nap around 4ish. He goes down fine for every other sleep without crying but this sleep he cries when you put him down or if he does go to sleep he wakes after 1/2 an hour -45 mins and he is just as grumpy if he had not had a sleep. I know he needs the late afternoon sleep as he gets tired and grumpy but why is this time such a nightmare to get him to have a sleep. OH gets home at 6ish but he usually has to be put down to bed just before 6 as he is so exhausted and grumpy, i just want him to sleep so he could maybe last until at least 6.30 so daddy can have cuddles.

Autumn wont nap in the day at all, count your blessings! :mrgreen:

I should count myself lucky lol he has 12-14 hours sleep at night waking once and then one 1 and a half hour nap and a 2-3 hour one during the day. Maybe he just isn't tired. I might see how he goes without one tomorrow

My LO is the same! Sleeps 7-8 hrs a night going down between 11 and 12. Will NOT sleep in the day unless out in pram-hence i do two 2 hr walks a day:wacko:

Stayed in yesterday-it was a nightmare!!!

I see the signs-yawning, turning head to face my chest, dazed look in eyes but as soon as i put her down she wakes and screams.

She screams most nights after 5pm surely because she is overtired!

My lo had the same prIblem in the afternoon so I'd gO for a walk about 4pm so he could drop off in the pram - maybe do that just for the afternoon nap?

Maybe he isnt tired at this time? Alos isnt a babys sleep cycle around 45 mins so its possible he is waking after this time and trying to get back to sleep but cant which makes him grumpy!

Sorry no other suggestions. I never really thought much to daytime naps because every day I would have Aria in the pram for at least a couple of hours and she always slept. Now though we have baby massage and swimming so other days we stay at home (maybe a short walk in the carrier) and I've noticed how bad she is at napping!! She will fall asleep on me but my goodness does she fight it! Luckily when I put her down she tends to go her full 45 mins to an hour, it's just the getting her there in the first place!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->