Lonely mama's with bubs on board

Oh goodness the pee story. I feel you there. Im like but i JUST WENT! lol to drip drip. Ah so glad you saw your bumblebee. Its the best reassurance in the world! Now even better with your 2nd week appointments. I cant wait til those. Not far now.
I havent weighed myself but im sure i lost weight. Didn't eat for 2 days. Just hydate and few bites something. Iv picked up 10lbs so far thru my 6 months pg. So chuffed too. You are doing great on your weight gain too hun! Woop

Im so excited christmas is closer now. I love it. Even without my mama and gran i try make it something for hubs and i. His first christmas home and not working this year. How excited am i!! Lol like a kid.

Regarding the pee, the ultrasound tech told me she has her head right on my bladder. I can tell! LOL. I know it's supposed to get worse before it gets better, argh.

Do the two week appointments start after 28 weeks in South Africa also?

Seeing baby is so reassuring like you said, also it appears she has my nose not my husband's (lovely on a guy) more prominent schnoz. ;)

What kind of Christmas plans do you have? I've never celebrated Christmas in summer, but where I grew up in San Diego, CA it never gets cold. My brothers used to fool me every year by telling me it snowed and I would run to the window. (what an idiot)

I am going to take it easy on the holidays this year, I'll probably get a small table top tree made of rosemary and leave most of my decorations in the box. My hubs is pretty grinchy anyway. I know we'll be having big Christmases for baby girl in the future!

That's so amazing you've only gained 10 pounds, keep it up! I've been told the less weight you gain the better.

Regarding the pee, the ultrasound tech told me she has her head right on my bladder. I can tell! LOL. I know it's supposed to get worse before it gets better, argh.

Do the two week appointments start after 28 weeks in South Africa also?

Seeing baby is so reassuring like you said, also it appears she has my nose not my husband's (lovely on a guy) more prominent schnoz. ;)

What kind of Christmas plans do you have? I've never celebrated Christmas in summer, but where I grew up in San Diego, CA it never gets cold. My brothers used to fool me every year by telling me it snowed and I would run to the window. (what an idiot)

I am going to take it easy on the holidays this year, I'll probably get a small table top tree made of rosemary and leave most of my decorations in the box. My hubs is pretty grinchy anyway. I know we'll be having big Christmases for baby girl in the future!

That's so amazing you've only gained 10 pounds, keep it up! I've been told the less weight you gain the better.
I think our bubs know eachother!! I had a dizzy turn yesterday and felt aweful. Have been struggling with headaches. My OB asked me to come in to check me out. I was worried about pre eclampsia. Turns out all is ok. Bubs little heart was roaring away and she was doing her usual wiggle dance. This gastro virus i have had seems to be digging its heels in and torturing me. So more Panado and pro biotics and hope it sorts out. Nothing else meds wise for me. I got a sit down chat from the nurse about not gaining enough weight haha. But i had to explain to her twice that i KNOW for a fact i lost weight with the gastro bug! Im sure bub has grown fine! Crumbs she has learnt to kick harder. Thats a sign! That said, little fifi was head down and also squashing my bladder. Last night i felt her turning, can i say HOLY COW it really felt so freaky and i thought she was re arranging my internal organs!!

My family are all from UK so its quite a traditional Christmas every year. Altho for me its tough living about an hour from them so if hubs works we don't see them. I really love the festive season. Dressing up the tree and house. Its also new to hubs, he grew up without it all. His family weren't into it much. With my fam its a big day of eating. Gammon, turkey, chicken and snacks. Theres swimming in the pool, hanging out and chatting, opening pressies..we all try make something special even after losing my mum and gran who were THE Christmas matriarch's. How wicked were your brothers! I tell u, the sibling rivalry exists LOL! Mine used to promise me a hamster by a magic trick in return for doing his chores! Ha.

Im certain both you and i are going to be slow pokes for most of Dec lol. We will be rather large at that point hehe! We will be comparing notes.

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, including the traditional swimming in the pool! ;) Hopefully when baby comes hubs will get more into the festivities, because I know she's going to love it!

We will be invited to my aunt's house on Christmas day I am sure, or maybe Christmas Eve. Too bad my hubs hates big family gatherings, but he will come with me.

That's funny the nurse gave you a hard time about your weight gain (or lack). Did the doctor say anything about it? My doctor told me not to listen to anybody about weight that didn't have MD after their name!

I still haven't heard back on the diabetes test although she said she'd have the results Tuesday. Hopefully all is well. I think she gets behind on her paperwork.

The doc also had some words with me regarding weight gain. I told him i do understand but he must also remember iv been ill. But we chatted and he was happy. I see the nurse for bp and pee test before i see him each visit. We test my pee each visit for sugar so mine hasnt asked about the GD test.

I recon if u havent heard from yours as yet, then its a good sign. They not too worried. So holding thumbs for you love!

Ah im so glad ull spend some festive time with hubs and your family. I know, these men right? Hard to get them into Christmas mode sometimes LOL

Oh my soul is baby kicking up a storm today! My whole belly moves. Loving it! Hows ur bub moving?

I don't think I have seen movement from the outside, but she sure moves a lot! She'll go to sleep for several hours sometimes, but other times I have massive hiccup like kicks, or what feels like stretching and little punches.

I don't think I have seen movement from the outside, but she sure moves a lot! She'll go to sleep for several hours sometimes, but other times I have massive hiccup like kicks, or what feels like stretching and little punches.
Except when she wacks my bladder. I enjoy all the movement. Took getting used to lol! Reminders that our angels are growing beautifully.

Are you nursery prepping yet Missmfan?
Im semi nesting. Buying bits and bobs. Think i need to up my anti tho lol. Time running out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->