Long cycle - anyone else have this issue? What can I do?

ksilme

Reaction score
I have always, so I thought, had irregular long menstrual cycles, however after having my implant out, and taken note due to TTC, I have noticed that they are just long, and probably not that irregular.

after my implant, I had 6 weeks and then I had a period, then it was another 6 weeks, then I got pregnant but it ended as a chemical, which made that cycle 7 weeks 2 days and then I just got period yesterday 7 weeks and 4 days after the last.

I saw my doc in jan as was worried, he said it might be the implant and to come back may/june time, seeing as af came yesterday, i have an appt tomorrow.

I am just worried he is going to say wait it out again :( I am desperate for a baby, it hurts so much seeing everyone else having babies and getting pregnant. We have been trying for over 6 months, yet this is only my 4th period :(

do you think the doc will do anything, is there anything that I could suggest - anything at all - that would shorten my cycle to nearer to the average, so it will be easier and less of a wait to try xx

I know how you feel i only had 9 periods last year because my cycles are so long, nothing i can say as i dont know how to decrease my cycles too, i think mine is due to be being really over weight :/

I to have really long cycles, anywhere from 60-75 days long. I went to the Dr and had all of my hormone levels checked and he said it all looks normal!! I have heard that vitex can help shorten your period, and many people have had success in getting pregnant with it so maybe do a little research on it. It doesn't work for everyone but its worth a try. I used vitex for a couple of months and it shortened my period a bit for a cycle or two but didn't really work for me. Good luck and hope you get a BFP soon :)

Thank you all :) x
Well I went to the docs, he is sending me for blood tests to check for thyroid issues, PCOS etc x and getting me weight watchers vouchers xx

I feel so comforted to see a thread like this. I have always worried about my periods being irregular but after I started charting, I too realised they're just unusually long. My average cycle is about 40 days, which after reading a lot of posts, I can see that's far from uncommon.

Hopefully ttc Early November, if my calculations are correct :s

It sounds like it could be pcos, I would do some research on clomid, it worked for me for our 1st bub and we are about to start it for number 2!

Just saw a couple of people commented on here :) so just thought I would update to let you know there is hoepe! Lol I found out I was pregnant on 7th June after losing over a stone in weight, when I had an early scan, the sonographer checked my ovaries and there were no cysts at all :) xx I am now 23 weeks pregnant with pur little girl :) xx and in total I lost 2 st before it started coming back, due to a certain little one :) :) xx so I wwould def say weight contributes :) even though most of my family are larger and have had no issues :) the cycle we caught on had gone down to 35 days as opposed to 45-50 too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->