Long Cycle Ladies Journeying Through Pregnancy Together Toward Our Rainbows!

ksquared726

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm starting this thread mostly for my good friends HopefullyOpto, Aidensxmomma and Mommyxofxone, with whom I've been on this TTC journey with for a year (I have actually been working toward baby #1 since July 2014). We've had a couple of losses and some fertility struggles, but now we are all pregnant! And 3 of us are within 3 weeks of each other! We are here to support one another as we go through this amazing journey together and finally get our rainbow babies.

Any other ladies who can relate are also welcome to join. :)

Mommyxofxone - June 18 :blue:
Ksquared726 - August 24
Aidensxmomma - September 4
HopefullyOpto - September 12

Thanks for making this thread ksquared. :flower:

How's pregnancy treating everyone right now?

I've been doing fairly well. Nausea and food aversion kicked in really early this time around, so I'm on meds for that. They seem to be doing their job, so I'm happy about that. My other major symptom is that my boobs hurt soooo bad. I'm okay with that, though.

I'm constantly switching between being super excited about this pregnancy and being so scared of losing it that I'm crying. My ultrasound cannot come soon enough. FX that everything goes well.

Of course :).

I'm glad you've gotten some medicine for the nausea. Ugh, that would be awful to have all the time. My symptoms have increased this week, which is reassuring. Monday and Tuesday I was SO nauseous and almost barfed twice, but never actually did. I've been getting a better handle on it and today I actually feel pretty good. I've been wearing sea bands (except I haven't today and I'm doing ok!), and I try to eat pretty quickly after I wake up. That seems to be the biggest help, plus snacking if I can and drinking soda for the bubbles helps. I hadn't been drinking soda at all for a really long time, like over a year except for the occasional one. But hey, whatever works. I already have another appointment on Tuesday!

Boobs don't really hurt but they have gotten pretty big and full. And I have a small cup size, so a little bit of growth feels really different.

I'm sorry you're going through that worry :(. When is your ultrasound again? It did make a world of difference after my appointment to help put that worry more at ease. And the increased symptoms and nausea help - I feel more classically pregnant. Last time I hardly had any symptoms, not that it necessarily means anything bad but I'm glad to have symptoms this time!

A big part of my problem with the nausea was that I just never felt hungry and I had aversions to pretty much every food. I've always struggled with forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry and that made everything with the nausea so much harder. Since I started the meds, I've felt hungry so it's much easier to force food down and everything. I've noticed that if I let myself get too hungry or eat too much at once, I'll start getting nauseous again, but if I can avoid doing that, it's not too bad.

My ultrasound is scheduled for January 22, so just a little over a week away. I'm counting down the days :haha: Fortunately, I'll be pretty busy from now until then with school activities for the kids and college stuff for me, so that will help time pass faster. I'm still really nervous but I figure as long as my symptoms are still there and I don't have any bleeding, I should be okay. It's just very nerve-wracking, as I'm sure you understand. I think after my ultrasound (as long as everything goes well), I will feel a lot more at ease. It's the not knowing that's the hard part.

Hi ladies just quickly popping in, thanks ksquared for setting this board up and i really hope that i get to stick around in it but after by elation yesterday with my high beta i had an incident of brown spotting. Just one so far but im petrified, that coupled with almost no symptoms is making me fear the worst, i rang the epu and brought my scan forward to 6+1 which is on wednesday, but i fear its not going to end well.

Anyway hope you are both doing well and keep me in your thoughts.

Much love

am i not invited ladies? i was with you on that site for a while? i'll leave if i'm not welcome

Mommyxofxone - Of course you are invited!! I'm so sorry I didn't put you on the initial list. My stupid pregnancy brain, it slipped my mind! Please don't think anything of it. I'm so sorry. You and anyone else are always welcome. I'll add you to the list and update the thread name. :hugs:

HopefullyOpto - I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed and doubtful right now. The first tri is such a scary and uncertain time! Brown spotting seems to happen to a lot of ladies in early pregnancy. Amd they say as long as it isn't red or getting heavy, it can happen because the cervix is so sensitive. And your betas were right on! I'm so sorry it's caused you to stress. I really really hope it's nothing. You're still early to be feeling a ton of symptoms yet. And mine started then stopped then started back up again. I'm glad your scan date is a little earlier. It might be too early to see a heartbeat at 6+1, but hopefully they'll be able to tell that things are progressing as it should. Big big hugs! You deserve a healthy, sticky baby!! :hugs:

Aidensxmomma - I've noticed the same thing with eating too much or letting myself get too hungry. Last night we went to dinner at a buffet and I feel like I barely ate anything. Definitely didn't get my money's worth, lol. Yay your scan date is getting closer! I was so so nervous at mine they had to take my blood pressure twice because the first one was high.

Afm - Yesterday I felt pretty good, with only a couple of instances of gagging so then of course I start to worry that my symptoms are easing up. But I think I'm just more on top of eating when I wake up and that seems to set the tone for the day. I've also had two nights in a row where I've slept pretty well. Hopefully the little bean will still be doing well when I go in again Tuesday. Supposedly I should be able to see him/her moving around by then. After that it'll probably be a stressful wait for two weeks until my next appointment, because my first baby stopped growing at 9 weeks and that's when I noticed my symptoms stopping.

Also, my legs have been SUPER itchy for a couple of weeks now, but especially this week. When I first googled it everyone said it was just hormones and increased blood flow that causes it. But then I googled again and saw all of these warning articles about a condition that can lead to stillbirth! It's something with the liver not functioning properly. Although, with that it usually doesn't start until 2nd or 3rd tri. So now I've freaked myself out a little. Will definitely ask my doc but I'm worried about waiting. Ugh.

thanks ksquared :) and the itchy thing i thought had to be the stomach to be the liver condition but i could be wrong? i would ring your dr just in case

Thanks, Mommyxofxone. I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday so I figured I can wait a few days. It's not unbearable. And I read that the liver thing was on the palms and bottoms of the feet. Well, I guess I'll email her anyway in case she wants me to do any tests.

Your gender reveal is coming up really soon isn't it? Didn't you say the 18th? How exciting!! Any ideas about whether it's a boy or girl? I've heard about the baking soda test but I'm nervous to do it and get an idea in my head. Not sure when is the ideal time to do that test anyway, and I'm sure it's all hullabaloo.

I did the baking soda test with dd and it said girl. Did it with this one early and it also said girl.

My June mommies group is being all weird and annoying about genders. Sound like they're mad at anyone who has a gender preference. They need to get over it. Most people have one at some point.

I want a girl but I'm pretty sure its a boy.

And yup Monday at 3!!

Is it ok if I pop in from time to time as well? I spent so much time on the board before that I am so happy for you all and want to be updated on how you all are doing!

crazycatlady - Of course you can join us whenever you'd like. :)

mommyxofxone - What's the baking soda test and when do you normally do it? I like to see what it says for me. I used a specific Chinese gender chart for my kids and it was right for all of them. I can't find it now, though. The couple I've tried for this pregnancy say this baby is a boy, though.

Honestly, I do have a gender preference. Obviously, I will be completely over the moon with either gender, but I would slightly prefer a girl. Part of the reason is, as stupid as this sounds, I'm worried I won't be as close with another boy as I am with my son. I've had two daughters, so I know that I can do it with girls, but since I only have the 1 boy, I'm worried it'll be different. :shrug: I don't know, just saying it makes me sound crazy. :haha:

I don't think it's fair of other moms to get upset over others having gender preferences. It happens. It doesn't mean that you'll love your baby less or any of that nonsense.

ksquared - I hope the itchiness eases up. Did your doctor email you back about it? Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

AFM - I found out through a lot of trial and error this past week that sweets are a no-no for me. Every time I try eating them, I feel sick for hours after. Too bad for me that I'm craving sweets like crazy :dohh:

I've also been wondering for a while if there's a possibility that there's two babies in there. I think it's mostly just wishful thinking since there's no history of twins in my family and I don't have any of the "risk factors," but you never know. :)

Hope everyone is doing well! :flower:

you're def not crazy. most people have a preference. they just can't help it. it's part of being human.

The baking soda test is take 2 tbs baking soda and add pee. if it fizzes boy and if nothing, girl. With dd it said girl, and this time i did it (i think too early) it said girl. it has to do with the ph in your urine or something.

the gender chart is... https://www.thebump.com/chinese-gender-chart

it told me boy the first time and boy this time so we'll see. my family is pretty convinced it's a boy. i just wanna know what it is.

tomorrow at 3!

Of course, Crazycatlady!! I didn't mean to exclude anyone. I'm going to post on our other thread that everyone is welcome. I'm sorry if I made you feel like you weren't.

Mommyxofxone - Oh that's annoying that your June group is being weird about having a gender preference. My DH and I both want a girl. I think it's mostly because we both connect better with girls, plus his sister has 3 boys and on my side I have 4 nephews. We have just 2 nieces. So the girls are definitely outnumbered! We actually want to end up having one girl and one boy in the end, but hoping to get our girl first. Just 1 day for you now! So exciting!

Aidensxmomma - I haven't been in the mood for sweets either. I've only really had a couple of really small things, so not enough to turn my stomach. But that's such a bummer that you're craving them but can't eat them! Maybe you need fruit to get your sweet fix. I also panicked early on about the possibility of having twins. I thought I had ovulated on both sides, and I felt twinges in two distinct places early on. But my scan shows just one baby - phew!

Afm - Sorry I've been absent for a couple of days. I started spotting on Friday evening and had a horribly stressful night thinking for sure I was losing the baby. It was paired with a couple of days of almost no symptoms. Ended up going to the ER to get a scan because it was my only option until Monday and I knew I would stress and not sleep. We waited 2 hours and during the scan the tech didn't say anything, and my DH couldn't tell on the screen because the tech was moving around too fast. But then at the very end he turns the screen and asks if we want to see. And there is was, the beautiful heartbeat! It was such shock and relief. I had already in my mind been going through the process of accepting another loss. After I cried so much and DH held me. We had to wait a while for a doctor, and he said everything looked on track and the heartbeat was 170. He said 99% of the time with spotting if they see a strong heartbeat, the pregnancy will go on as normal. Though he said I am at slightly higher risk because of my past loss. Thankfully I still have my doctor appointment on Tuesday so she can make sure everything still looks good and help me figure out why there was spotting. It stopped and I've maybe had a teensy bit more, or it could be leftover from Friday. It was very light brown but enough to stain my undies. Fx everything still looks good on Tuesday and there's no more spotting ever! My heart can't take it.

Oh ksquared I'm so sorry about the scare!!!! I'd have been a total mess!!!! So glad everything looks good!!!!

Seems my group all just think everyone should just want a healthy baby. And that's what I want but I do have a preference. I can't help it. And I know I'm not alone! I feel like they're trying to act a bit better than others? In the beginning I remember hearing preferences and now suddenly nothing. Oh well.

I can't believe it's so close. I wonder if I can sleep tonight lo

ksquared - What a scary situation! I'm glad everything turned out okay! I would have broken down. I'm glad you've got a doctor appointment soon, too, so you can get extra reassurance. :hugs:

mommyxofxone - I'll have to try the baking soda test down the line. It'll be fun to see what it says. Thanks for the link. :) I'm looking for a really specific chart though - there was one chart that the conception age went down to 16, which is when I conceived/had my son. I've only found one chart like that and it's also been the only one that was right for all of my kids.

I can't wait to hear the update from your ultrasound tomorrow! I wouldn't be able to see sleep if I were you. I know I won't be able to on Thursday night - I'm going to be way too nervous/excited for Friday morning.

AFM - Not much new to report on today. My symptoms are all still there, which is good. I started taking another nausea pill in the morning. They weren't quite getting me through the full day anymore.

We've got a super busy week this week - my kids have after-school activities almost every day this week, I have a welcome day for the college I'm going to, and of course my ultrasound/doctor appointment on Friday. :happydance: Hopefully being so busy will help time fly by.

So exciting mommyxofxone! :happydance:

Can't wait for your update!

Thanks, guys :hugs:.

Mommyxofxone - I can't wait to hear whether you're team pink or blue!! I'll add the little colored stork icon next to your name once you know :).

Aidensxmomma - glad you're keeping busy this week and hopefully will come faster than you think! I'm glad those nausea pills are helping although it's a bummer you have to take it twice a day. Sounds like things are going well and you should have a beautiful scan on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->