long cyclers - how do you cope

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
Hi all
I've been lurking for a while, so this is my first post.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago but told they would do nothing about it until I wanted children. I actually went on the pill at 17 as my cycles then were 30-70 days. I came off the pill for one year in 2006 and my cycles were all over the place. One was 90 days. So I went back on the pill.

I came off the pill in September as we are now ttc. The first 6 months were fine. Average 31 day cycle. Although ff shows no ov in February. Now this month I am cd47 and still no :witch:

I am going to the doctors next Tuesday as I want them to begin to look into my PCOS. Also my bbts are low. Mega low. Between 35.9 and 36.3 pre and post ov (if I actually do ov). I don't do cm (squeamish and have silk extensions)

I'll try and post this months ff chart to see if you can tell me any signs of anything happening. There's a twinge in my stomach today and for once I am hoping it's the :witch: as my temp today was 36.1 which is too low for a :bfp:

I've also started opks this month to see if they can shed some light.

I feel like I am losing my marbles..........how do you long cyclers cope? It's bad enough we only get 12 shots a year, but we get even less.....

:hug:

Ermm I didn't. My first cycle off the pill was 57 days and this is my second cycle and I am in the world of unknown as I have no idea what its going to be like. I got very upset and frustrated and lost all patience, got to the point that I could talk about ttc at all without getting upset. However you have a diagnosed reason and I think you going to the doctor is a good idea and I hope they will be able to give you some help

ps coming on here and speaking to people in similar situtations will help - rant away !!!

:hugs: good luck

Hunni i'm with you on the long cycle front. I have pcos too - was diagnosed when i was 17 (i'm now 25). I have 2 sons but they took quite a while to concieve (3-4 years) and i needed ovarian drilling and clomid.

Its the most frusrating thing in the world to know you only get a few hours to catch the egg and with pcos you have no chance of catching it on your own.

My doc was great this time around with me and referred me last dec when we started trying again. I'm now on CD6 and on my last day of clomid to get me to O.

I found using opks great for me - but some people with pcos cant use them as they will always show positive due to our hormones being mucked up.

I really wish you luck and hope your doc is supportive. Make sure you tell him what you want as well as him telling you.

Feel free to PM if you want too.

xxxxx

tbh I am scared the doctors will want to see my try for a year before they do anything despite them knowing I have a problem and all my charts prove it.

I'd read opks can show positive with PCOS but not mine so far so hoping they will be ok to use and help me

Ps how do I add my ff chart link here?

Go to your FF chart and then Home Page Setup and copy and paste your web adress into your signature on BnB.

Does your doc know when you started TTC?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25b354

Yes they do know as 7 months ago I went as I had a skin reaction to some cream, and he just told me to have more sex. He didn't seem to care. But I;ve booked a female doctor this time who's been good in the past x

Your chart is very rocky and must be hard to track. I'd take the chart with you and don't take no for an answer as you already have been diagnosed with pcos. If poss add a couple of extra months on to make it up to nearly a year (sometimes they don't check your notes back). When i went in in Jan i said that i had pcos and wanted another child but was not prepared to try for a year and see what happened. I wanted a referral to the hosp as there was nothing thet could do for me as my GP. Fortunately my doc was great and agreed straight away and i had an appt through for Feb. Please just be strong and tell them what you want - the referral process could be 3 months so you'd be at a year then anyway so they might as well do it now.

thanks so much. I was thinking of adding a couple of months on - they won't know. I keep telling myself I have to be very persistent when I'm there and make them look into it. Actually the waterworks might be a real thing the way I am feeling at the moment!!

I wish you loads of luck and hope you get exactly what you want! Turn on the tears and add a few months on and you'll be fine!

Let me know how you get on
xxx

i have been off the pill since june 07, my cycles can range from 33 - 46, only been 45 n 46 time 3 times in total, mainly 33 - 36, its sp hard because us with long cycles dont even get 12 chance a month, had a blood test and they all came back normal, but my lasy few af were 35 36 36 then this one was 40days, so im thinking of going back and asking for more test.

I have the same problem. Every year I miss about 2-3 periods. Just when I thought they were normal again (32-33 days consistently), I missed another period. Today's CD 63 which is the longest cycle I've ever had.

My doctor's think I may have PCOS and they're looking into it as I type this. I had an appointment today with my family doctor and she booked me in 2 weeks from now to review some of my blood work, and to talk to me about a gynecologist referral!

You can read my journal (link in my sig) for more info :D

I don't think they'll be making us wait for a year now that they have found out the problem (imbalanced hormones for me) so I'm assuming they'll put me on something to ovulate regularly.

hi chele

i'm also a long cycler (usually around 47 days) - it really sucks doesn't it? :( and my bbt's are also between 35.9 and 36.3 pre-ovulatory. I've read though that low pre-O temps shouldn't be problem as long as there is a significant thermal shift when ovulation occurs ie. your temps rise noticeably and you sustain the rise for at least 10 days. xx

Long cycles are awful! Sorry you have to experience it too... :hugs:

Me too having long cycles! Stopped BC in Sept first peirod 60 days ltr then mostly 35 days then missed a whole period in December and since then been around 46 days thats bloody long! :(
So annoying as no idea when ovulate as they change every month!
Am i daft for asking but any idea if you just relaise one egg every month or is there a chance you can reliase an egg before your ovulation is due?????

xxxx

hi chele

i'm also a long cycler (usually around 47 days) - it really sucks doesn't it? :( and my bbt's are also between 35.9 and 36.3 pre-ovulatory. I've read though that low pre-O temps shouldn't be problem as long as there is a significant thermal shift when ovulation occurs ie. your temps rise noticeably and you sustain the rise for at least 10 days. xx

not sure mine stay elevated for 10 days. more for the doctors to comment on xx

can I also ask if any of you get PMS? I never have at all, and know this is either PCOS or low progesterone, so just asking if you long cyclers get PMS? x

No i get it, normally feel down in the dumps etc etc but everyone is different some people dont get it some people do some people get it not but every cycle! Suppose all of us are different!

Good luck huni xx

Also you been TTC 7 months is this the amount of cycles you have had or months of trying?
xx

i had 6 "normal" months and month 7 is the one I am now on. TTC sinc October

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back