Long cycles and egg quality?

campn

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I've been trying to conceive now since July. I've a son who I got pregnant with very easily 4 years ago even with having long cycles.

My cycles are about 34 days which is long but still considered regular. Someone told me that long cycles make my chances of conceiving very slim as it leads to low quality eggs and lining. Could that be true??

I have longer cycles than that & conceived 3 times easily, my latest did end in MC but doctor said length of cycle doesn't harm things, I've seen ladies on here getting bfps from ovulation on cd 50+ so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Thank you hun! It really doesn't help when someone brings up things like that to already worried ttcers!

So sorry about your miscarriage. <3

It certainly doesn't I googled a lot after my MC there is a lot of different opinions on the egg quality & late ovulation but after discussing with my doctor I'm not worried about that now.

Good luck hope you get that BFP soon x

Just got a positive opk today, on CD24, what are the chances I conceive this cycle? I've so little hope for this month.

I also got my positive opk on cd24 to ovulated cd26 which is actually a few days early for me! Keep positive it will happen &#128516;.

Not sure that we have timed it quite right this cycle as it was over Xmas was really busy.

Good luck & lots of :dust:

Thank you hun! Fx for you and I, and I'm glad you ovulated earlier than usual! Baby dust to us!!

Maybe my wonky cycle will surprise me with a BFP, never know!

Most doctors do believe there is decreased egg quality when your ovulating later then CD 20,
I noticed in another thread you mentioned your taking evening primrose oil?. I would stop taking it and see if you start ovulating before CD 20 . evening primrose is a phytoestrogen and I have seen it delay ovulation and sometimes stop it from happening.

Lisa, wow I had no idea! I didn't even take much of it and very sporadically! I'll stop taking all supplements except prenatals and folic acid and see what happens next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->