Long cycles

Kathy85

Reaction score
I have always had long/irregular cycles but have only recently begun to track them (with digital opk and bbt). The average length is usually around 35-40 days. This month it looks like Im on track for a 41-42 day cycle. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried with cycles this long? I know it can make ttc take longer, but can it effect the egg quality as well? Thanks for your input!

Before ttc my cycles were around 29 days and after ttc they went as long as 38 days. The month i got my bfp i tried to just remain calm and relax and i ovulated 5 days earlier than i did in the past 3 months. I personally think that stress plays a major role in late ovulation. Although its hard not to stress about ttc.
I am not sure if late ovulation would effect egg quality cuz ive seen ladies here with even longer cycles than yours to conceive naturally.

I used to really hate it when people say just relax and it will happen but it probably does have some truth. I sometimes suffer from anxiety and the stress from that has made my cycles longer as I don't ovulate if I am anxious.

I tried taking vitex to help regulate my cycles but it didn't really make much difference for me but it does for others.

I have irregular periods and they can be long too last cycle was 42days! but as you can see we have 4 children:thumbup: its just more of a pain in the arse to be honest lol waiting around!! xx

I have conceived twice, with my son I conceived in may last year with last AF being January, and then he was born January this year and then I conceived again July (but had a chemical) before I'd had a period. So both pregnancies were conceived with an LMP of 5-7 months

Thanks for the advice! I agree MrsWKJ that stress probably does play a major role. Ive always known stress affects my period (like when I had a big exam coming up I would be late) but I guess I had no idea how stressful ttc would be!!! lol. Its always good to know though that Im not going through this alone

Yes dear and its easier said than done. Ttc gets stressful but just try to relax and keep yourself busy with some hobby so you don't over think about it. Really hope it happens for you soon x

I am cd 56 today, so i know it sucks, don't know when or if i o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->