Long journey in the car.

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver and I are escaping to Devon next week:happydance:, which is about 250 miles away. I don't mind the journey, but I can't put Oliver in the front with me, as the airbag can't be deactivated. I'm really stressing about being stuck in traffic and him screaming away in the back, with no way of getting to him. Has anyone else done a long journey and encountered this? The thought of it really upsets me :cry:

Hi hun, I totally sympathise with you!

Our nearest relatives are 180 miles away so we regularly take the trip and I hate it.

Grace is in a forward facing seat now so not too bad but when she faced backwards I bought a mirror so I could see her - not much help if she cried I admit but she could see me too so it seemed to help.

The main suggestion I would give would be to travel when he needs a nap or at his bedtime - we mostly do that now and simply transfer Grace to her cot when we arrive. Suppose it depends if bubs would go back to sleep when disturbed but we never had a problem.

Hope that helps xx xx

My relatives live a long way away so i do long car journeys alot - the first one was horrible but then i got a mirror so i could see LO if she started crying - u still can't get to her but being able to c her def helped!!
Good luck hun!!

We always travel long distances at night, that way she just sleeps the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->