Long latent labour anyone - *day7*

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by chele, Nov 15, 2011.

1. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

Thursday night at 39+1 I started contracting at 11pm. These went on all night and stopped at 7am. I then had intermittent contractions all day Friday.

Friday night at 10pm I had my show (brown and pink and did a little happy dance in the bathroom). At 10.10pm I had a contraction, another at 10.20pm then nothing!

Saturday I had small period pain on and off with a few tightenings. I lost more mucus plug (yellow and clear) that morning.

Sunday was exactly the same.

Monday I lost more plug that morning and had tightenings and my first proper BHs. I saw my MW at 4 and had a sweep. I'm 2cm with a soft cervix, but still 2cm long. After my sweep I had more tightenings and a few very mild contractions which stopped when I went to bed.

This morning I had more mucus (yellow and clear), quite a bit more than usual, and a dull period pain coming and going, but barely noticeable.

I feel like I'm enduring the latent phase from hell! 5 days already. I feel like a ticking time bomb and I'm stressed I've got 15 more days of this until induction. I cried all morning.

Anyone else suffering a long latent phase?xx

2. cinnamum

cinnamum Mumof_6_PREG W#7

i classed mine as long but then i didnt have a 15 day wait.
    day1:waters started leaking and then i lost my plug, had contractions for 7 hours all over the place ranging from 10 mins apart to 2 mins.

day2: still leaking, with no more contractions, was given a pessary, no progression, was kept in hospital on bed rest

day3: was given another pessary in the morning with no progress they decided to induce me.

day4: gave birth at 11:45 am to my beautiful DD via forceps, i was shattered!!!

hopefully they wont let you wait very long if your waters decide to go like mine did! :hugs: baby will be here soon and you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about, i know thats no help to you now though xxxxx

3. hoptingfor3

hoptingfor3 Mom to three girls :)

I swear this could be me writing this. I have had the same things for the same times etc. I keep getting 30 minute to 60 minute spells of good regular contractions then they stop. This happens a few times a day and has for almost a week.

I definately feel you on this and I hope it ends soon for you.:hugs: I will be induced on Dec 1 as well if I make it that long.

4. chele

You poor poor thing!x

5. chele

Yeah I'm hoping they go pop at any time!x

6. hoptingfor3

Chele keep me updated! I can't believe how similar our experiences are! (creepy almost!)

7. chele

Will do

BHs tonight. Lost more plug this afternoon x

8. hoptingfor3

Oh good luck! I have been having contractions about 3-5 min apart, but they aren't that strong. going to see if they last another hour, been going on for about an hour.

Good luck to you!:thumbup:

9. chele

Wowzer. Good luck! Let me know how you go on x

10. hoptingfor3

Well they finally stopped. They never got to the point of being painful. Felt like period cramps with tightening. I called the doc and he didnt' want me to come in unless they got stronger, however they ended up stopping.

11. scaredmmy2b

scaredmmy2b Mommy to a perfect son!

Lots of labor dust coming your wayy!

12. chele

I'm on day 6 now
    I had more BHs last night, lost more plug and had the baby kicking my cervix for three hours. Then chronic back ache and period pain started at 3 until 7, coming on and off now just before 8am

I'm so fed up of this

13. chele

Day 7 and it's my due date.

Had period pain all night which stopped at 7am. A few BHs today but nothing much. Just spent two hours bouncing on the ball and he's booting me loads now.

Not hopeful of anything happening for a good while yet

14. open lotus

open lotus Well-Known Member

yes I get this with every pregnancy,I just see it as my body and baby preparing xxx

15. Green Glitter

Green Glitter Well-Known Member

:hugs: It'll be okay, Chele! You'll have LO soon. I am sending you lots of labor dust too

16. luvmyfam

luvmyfam Well-Known Member

I have been having the same things. Not really thinking of it as "labor" though. I just think it is your body preparing for labor. Although I have always had a lot of BH, I have been getting longer, harder ones that actually hurt and are sometimes 5-8 min apart for a hour or a little longer and then stop. Thought it was just the end of pregnancy norm.