Long luteal phase, what does that mean?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
According to my app stats I'm having a late luteal phase? What does this mean if anyone can worm this stuff out, currently CD23, cycle 29 days long according to my app, I ovulated on the 4th and 5th and currently 7 or 8 dpo

Is a late luteal, good?

X

Screenshot_20181112-213714_Ovia Fertility.jpg

E4663B4A-0365-451C-9E0A-43E94BDE3BB0.jpeg

I can’t help, but mine says the exact same! As far as I’m aware my luteal phase is 10/11 days which is actually short so I’m confused myself haha!

Ohhh that's odd! I don't understand most of this TTC stuff as it is x

No idea because I don’t recognize the app. My only guess is since you both are not due for periods (aka testing) that late just refers to being in your second half of your lp not late as in long or overdue.

Also, without temping or opks be careful with apps. According to mine, I ovulated cd 14 and had a classic 14 day lp. Then I started tracking and found out I was ovulating day 16 and had a 12 day lp. If I had been trying, that could really throw me off.

Also I like fertility friend better. I find it most accurate and user friendly. You can get discounts on vip days by watching their twitter feed for links to discounts, but even just the regular app works just fine.

Fxed!

Reactions: HLx
No idea because I don’t recognize the app. My only guess is since you both are not due for periods (aka testing) that late just refers to being in your second half of your lp not late as in long or overdue.

Also, without temping or opks be careful with apps. According to mine, I ovulated cd 14 and had a classic 14 day lp. Then I started tracking and found out I was ovulating day 16 and had a 12 day lp. If I had been trying, that could really throw me off.

Also I like fertility friend better. I find it most accurate and user friendly. You can get discounts on vip days by watching their twitter feed for links to discounts, but even just the regular app works just fine.

Fxed!

I had blazing opks on the 4th and 5th November hun, it said id ovulate on the 5th anyway so wasn't too bad! I have fertitily friend too but I can't use it, there's too much going on on one single chart for me to make sense of it haha ♡

Fxed!

Hmmm interesting! Thank you for replying :)
I will most definatelty be using OPKs next cycle! I’ve never done temping before, it looks so confusing. Where would I start or is there somewhere on fertility friend that would help me out on how to begin? Xx

HL ooo nice! Have you tested? Because you’re definitely late then if your lp is ten days and you ovulated the 5th. Assuming you are like me and O the second day of positives.

LN it looks confusing but the actual website for FF has tons of getting started info. But honestly all you need is an alarm clock and a bbf thermometer (registers to hundredths instead of tenths so more accurate). If you get up a lot at night then temping may not work. I found I could still go potty once and not affect my temp. But basically pick a time, temp, then enter your temps in the app. The app does the rest!

For me, I always at 6am because I would never wake up before 6am. So I set my alarm for every day at 6am. I left my thermometer on my night stand with my phone, took my temp, put it in the app, then either get up or go back to sleep depending on my schedule. You can be a little off, but you want to try and be consistent and you need to do it before you get up and moving around.

When after you ovulate, you temp will jump .3 degrees or more and stay up/increase for three days. Then FF will give you crosshairs. The vertical indicating when you ovulated and horizontal is your cover line (or temp you will typically stay above in your lp). If you drop below it, it is usually an indicator that AF is coming that day.

Also as you temp or use opks you don’t need to temp every day. I don’t temp on my period. I won’t even temp until cd 10ish. Sometimes I don’t temp the middle of my lp, but I do have a zig zag pattern for my bfp charts so I usually do. You can also track symptoms or test results. So I attached my non bfp chart and my bfp with all my glorious symptoms charted too lol

FA0759DE-1652-4192-AB3D-9FE046989B5E.png 48039249-24E8-47A9-8D93-6BDFAB52D50B.jpeg

Hope that helps but also just hoping you both are pregnant! Fxed

Oh and I know that one chart says 14/14 lp but that’s a coincidence. I had a few weird cycles where my lp was 14 days instead of 12 and after I had my iud removed my O date was sporadic as anywhere from cd 12 to cd 20

Thanks for the reply DobbyForever! I still don't really understand how this luteal phase is worked out, like I know it's from ovulation to your period, but how can that time frame mean so much, is it a good thing had xD confusing ♡

Np! I like to feel like I know things :rofl: took me a long time to figure all this out.

You have really all you need to know: the definition.

Some women just like to know when to expect their periods. With few exceptions (as I mentioned I had a few wonky cycles with a 14 day lp), your lp length does not change. Your ovulation day might, but not your lp. So if I O on CD 12, I expect my period on CD 24. If I O CD 20, i’ll See her on CD 32. So it just let’s women know when they are truly considered late.

Women with shorter lps can have trouble conceiving. If the journey down the tube averages 9/10 days, but you get you period on day 9/10 after ovulation then the fertilized egg may not implant. But as with averages, there can be a range. I once saw someone on her who had temp and blood confirm O, and she got a positive hpt at 6dpo. So being in that 10+ range gives the egg more time to get to the uterus before things break down and start shedding.

Also helps with temping. A huge dip at 6dpo can be nothing but a huge drop later could mean af is on her way.

But esssntially lp is “two weeks” of pure torture because it’s too early to test, you symptom spot, and there is nothing left to increase your chances so you just sit around trying not to pee on a million tests or go crazy. Hence this wonderful section where people can commiserate lol

Ahhh I understand hun, if AF comes when expected this month (or dont) it would have been a 15 or 16 LP. I don't temp but I'm considering it for next month If I'm not pregnant this month already! Thanks for the advice:)

HL ooo nice! Have you tested? Because you’re definitely late then if your lp is ten days and you ovulated the 5th. Assuming you are like me and O the second day of positives.

LN it looks confusing but the actual website for FF has tons of getting started info. But honestly all you need is an alarm clock and a bbf thermometer (registers to hundredths instead of tenths so more accurate). If you get up a lot at night then temping may not work. I found I could still go potty once and not affect my temp. But basically pick a time, temp, then enter your temps in the app. The app does the rest!

For me, I always at 6am because I would never wake up before 6am. So I set my alarm for every day at 6am. I left my thermometer on my night stand with my phone, took my temp, put it in the app, then either get up or go back to sleep depending on my schedule. You can be a little off, but you want to try and be consistent and you need to do it before you get up and moving around.

When after you ovulate, you temp will jump .3 degrees or more and stay up/increase for three days. Then FF will give you crosshairs. The vertical indicating when you ovulated and horizontal is your cover line (or temp you will typically stay above in your lp). If you drop below it, it is usually an indicator that AF is coming that day.

Also as you temp or use opks you don’t need to temp every day. I don’t temp on my period. I won’t even temp until cd 10ish. Sometimes I don’t temp the middle of my lp, but I do have a zig zag pattern for my bfp charts so I usually do. You can also track symptoms or test results. So I attached my non bfp chart and my bfp with all my glorious symptoms charted too lol

View attachment 1048020 View attachment 1048021

Thank you so much for that info! I’ve never actually asked someone and they’ve explained it that thoroughly! I actually understand a lot more. As for the charts... il be revising yours because just looking at them confuse me haha. I will definately be buying a thermometer if I’m not pregnant this cycle. (AF due yday or today) and so far nothing... so we will see! Thanks again xoxo

Anytime! Like I said I like to feel like I know things because I usually don’t haha :rofl:

How have you ladies not tested!!!! Killing me i’m An early tester. Hopefully you are both preggers.

If not, I can annotate and label my chart to make more sense if you want.

That would be amaze DobbyForever, what's your thoughts on this test I done, not fmu it's more 4th, but a few ladies see something, anticipation killing me ♡

20181115_121332.jpg

Anytime! Like I said I like to feel like I know things because I usually don’t haha :rofl:

How have you ladies not tested!!!! Killing me i’m An early tester. Hopefully you are both preggers.

If not, I can annotate and label my chart to make more sense if you want.

I have a thread in the pregnancy test section with pics included of the tests I’ve been taking. I had some hope but I’m pretty sure AF will be here soon. X

Ahhh see that's what's annoying me, not once person has said they ain't sure haha! I'm 9dpo today and af due Monday, definatly have a few strong symptoms, if it is what we are all seeing I guess it can only get darker right xD ♡

Ahhh see that's what's annoying me, not once person has said they ain't sure haha! I'm 9dpo today and af due Monday, definatly have a few strong symptoms, if it is what we are all seeing I guess it can only get darker right xD ♡

Exactly that!! Can’t wait to see your next test! Fingers crossed xx

I'll stick to the cheapies until Saturday, I'm getting worried now I've had some strong symptoms, but as we speak I have some very mild cramping while a few little twinges in left ovary area, it feels quite fuzzy in my uterus, if that makes sense, like as if my uterus has goosebumps... the hell???? ♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->