Long period after provera?

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I was prescribed provera by my fertility clinic, I have had long periods and loads of spotting for a year.

I had a scan on Dec 6th and I was still spotting from that period I had a 11mm lining on cd 19, I then continued to spot until cd38 when my next period started it was between light and medium flow for 10 days then spotting for 3 days.

I started provera on cd 26 and got my period 4 days into the 10 day course the first day was light then very heavy, passing clots the size of my hand for 9 days I am now cd 12 and still have medium flow with small clots, no cramp or anything now. I rang the dr she said the clots were fine, but I was wondering should I still be bleeding on cd12, surely my lining wasn't that thick? The provera was meant to fix the prolonged periods but doesn't look like it's helping so far.

Hi there,

I don't really have an answer for you, but I can share my experience, maybe that gives you an answer. In November I went for an U/s on CD26 and my lining was 11mm thick, I started taking Provera and AF arrived on CD45 for only 5 days. In my opinion, that doesnt sound right to have AF for that long, and Provera is supposed to help with it, I have however read that not all women respond to provera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->