Long + skinny muchkins = clothing nightmare!

maisiemoo

Reaction score
So, my LO is all legs and arms (this is what happens when your partner is 6'4"!!). She's on the 75th centile for her height, but only sits between the 9th and 25th centile for her weight. She is currently wearing 9-12 months, which are just about long enough but hang off her. My real trouble are sleep suits, they're quickly becoming too short but the next size up are just too big. I thought about buying pj's, but she bottoms don't stay up :dohh:

Does anyone know of a brand that caters for the long and slender?

No ideas - but just wanted to tell you that you arent alone in this problem!!

Megan goes between 83-90% for height and is now under the 20% for weight. She is wearing 24mo sleepsuits but they are starting to get to small so I'm going to go up to 2t which are too big but at least they will work. I've found its more trial and error for the style of clothes - not even the same brand always works. She is all torso though - so outfits I have a hard time with. Shirts are always too short in length & or in the arms, 18mo pants sometimes are too small, sometimes too big, sometimes the waist works - sometimes they fall right off. Dresses - sometimes I've had to do 24 mo for length or it looks like she's wearing a shirt - but then its so baggy it just hangs.

It gets very frusterating!

I think Next and Tesco are thebest sleepsuits for Long and skinny, Ive found anyway!

We have the same issues - Mothercare used to do some skinny fit pyjamas but I only ever saw them online never in the stores. Gap stuff seems to fit quite well here. I have the same problem with my 2 yr old - trousers are a nightmare, can't wait for the good weather to get here so I can dress him in shorts then no one can see how too short his trousers are!!

I find tesco and next both very wide (although yes are sized big generally).

I've found H&M and boots both the slimmest fitting by far.

Ronan's the same. He's upper 90's in height and around 45% on weight so he's tall and lean. His shorts and trousers are always hanging off him. :( If it wasn't for wearing cloth, they'd fall right off!

It's less of an issue now that it's summer and I don't have to worry about sleeves and long trouser legs so much.

same here. My daughter is 2 and its literally a case of shopping round and trying stuff on her before I buy it. Leggings and long tops are good x

We have the same problem, Dec isnt overly tall (75% for his age) but his problem is his legs, he has such long legs, he is 3 1/2 but he now needs a 5 for his leg length but he can still wear a 2-3 in the waist. I just have to shop around, at the min he can wear a 4-5/5 in Next and I just pull the waist in as tight as I can. x

hehehehe!! my DD exactly the same! we gave up on onsies after we had to cut the feet off them and put socks on her feet to keep her covered and warm, we now buy nighties that we put with leggings for bed she basically lives in leggings, ones that fit her waist for bed which are far too short but its bed so it doesnt matter, and day time its leggings that i have sewn a few tucks into, we only ever buy jeans or trousers from next or marks and spencers because we know the button adjustable waistband is a long lasting 1, there is no such thing as a long sleeve top for my DD there just all 'supposed' to be 3/4 length! but i have been known to buy cheap long sleeve tops in the next size up for DD and cut them under the arm pits and around and sew them into short sleeve tops or vest tops to make a layered long sleeve top.
You just gotta think outside the box, soon enough you will be telling her to change that belt for a real skirt and pull that t shirt over your stomach! lol! xx

Abigail is tall and i used to buy footless all in ones and put some thick socks on.

hnm do some nice footless sleepsuits,

i keep my 2 year old in leggings so they just look like cropped legging, as they have to be short in the leg sometimes to fit her tummy lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->