Long Story (Maybe a rant)

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
My mom and I have always been really close and still are. I have lived here in Scoland for 4 years and my family is in USA. My mom and I talk on the phone a few times a week.

The problem is she and my Dad never got their passports when I moved. They said they would in case they needed to come over for any reason plus they promised to visit.

But I got married 9 months after moving here, which they knew I would as that was why I moved here, to be with my husband. And they didn't come to the wedding because they didnt have their passport. My sister and her husband came though :) I am the youngest of 5 kids. The 3rd to get married (my sister was the 4th 6months after me) and with all the others they paid for parts of the wedding so they were in for THOUSANDS of dollars. My husband and I had a VERY small wedding and paid for it ourselves so all they would have had to do was pay for passports, plane tickets, and a hotel (because we had no room at that flat for guests). Wouldnt have been much compared to the money they spent with my siblings weddings. They all had massive weddings. I know they love me and they love my husband and I never held a massive grudge about them not coming to the wedding.

But as time went on, my husband and I visited a few times and we really really dont have the money. But it was important. Last time we were there my sister helped us pay for the flights because I was maid of honour in her wedding and couldnt afford the trip. It was 2 years ago in March. We have decided it is ridiculous for us to spend money we dont have to make a trip when no one with money can be bothered to come.

If you are skimming the point of the story is here...:haha:
Then I got pregnant and announced it last New Year. I lost that baby by mid February and by the time it happened my Dad had already had his passport because he knew he wanted to see the baby. But my mom never got hers. She has promised this whole pregnancy to get it and even went down and filled it out once but there was a mistake (long story) and she keeps talking about visiting the 1st week in April to see bubs but at this point my due date is 10 weeks away and still no passport. You would think, if you were planning a trip in April you would wanna start booking flights in Jan not getting the passport, right!? Since it is Christmas this week and New Years next week it is clear she wont go apply for it til at least January now. I mention it every time I talk to her but I am afraid if she doesnt get it and doesnt come visit I wont be able to forgive her.

Sorry it is so long but I just need to get this out

I can understand the frustration, but the good news is that if she fills it out correctly this time, she should get it within about 10-14 days with luck as I've been hearing from people lately that that's about the turnaround time they've had. Don't tell her that, mind you! I hope she gets everything together in January so it's one less thing you have to worry about.

Yeah I hope so too. It is like part of me knows she will make it and that she is a procrastinator and the other part of me thinks she may not. I would just hate to see how I react if she dont. Last thing I want is to fall out with my mom

I can understand a bit. My parents don't travel and live on the opposite side of the US, so they didn't come to my wedding and I only ever get to see them if I fly out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->