Long Term Clomid User Group

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Feisty Fidget, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Feisty Fidget

Feisty Fidget Rainbow Baby

Hi Lovelies :wave: Well the title pretty much says it all :haha:

I just thought it would be nice for those ladies that have been using clomid for more then 6 rounds to perhaps get together and try to encourage some PMA as I know that mine is really starting to flag.

A little history for you all; DH and I have been ttc since 8th February 2010. I found out in August 2010 that I wasn't ovulating and was luckily put straight on 50mg clomid.
    First round had me ovulating on CD17 and I was over-joyed to find out that we had conceived our darling sprout. Sadly we lost sprout in a mmc at 10 weeks.
    After my first period after our loss I jumped straight back on clomid and am now on cycle 8 with no luck :cry: I know the clomid is working as I use OPK and BBT - DH has had a SA which all came back clear so am now starting to wonder if there is perhaps something else wrong with me :wacko: I have an appointment with a GP this Friday where I will beg for a referral to a FS but due to my past appointments with my GP I don't think I will get it.

So chickies, I have told you my story let's hear yours!

2. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

Hi :wave:

Im currently in the 2WW of my 7th Clomid cycle. I ovulated on 6 of them and not a single BFP :cry:

Im really sorry for your loss :hugs: But it's great that Clomid did work - and first time! So you know you can get pregnant! I don't even have that knowledge :nope:

Im going to see my FS in 2 weeks and will find out what's next for us. I already had one cycle of IUI (privately) and I think we can get 2 more for free and then it's onto IVF.

I don't have any side effects from Clomid so could in theory carry on taking is except I don't want to. It's still not clear what long term effects it has on women and if it hasn't happened in 6 months, I doubt it will - so I also think there's something esle wrong with us.

3. Feisty Fidget

Feisty Fidget Rainbow Baby

Aww Maria so sorry you haven't been successful yet :hugs:

I too was considering IUI but it is something I want to discuss with the FS if I ever get referred to one.
    I have found that my CM is not of the same consistency as it used to be since taking clomid. I take a high dose of EPO and Starflower oil to try and combat this (have done since January) but I am still worried I may have developed hostile cervical mucus which could explain why we haven't fallen yet. I purchased some litmus paper a few weeks ago and will definitely be using it this cycle to check whether CM is the right Ph.

Chin up chick, we will get there! :hugs: