Long Term WTT

twilightgeek2

Reaction score
Hey I'm Twilight i'm coming up to 23 and WTT for the long haul :) Mainly because of the course i'm doing currently doesn't finish till september 2017 and i want to work for a year maybe two as its not really a job i could do with a baby or whilst pregnant :) I'm currently studying to be a navigational officer in the Merchant Navy :) I have been on here before in another account i lost the password to :p in a previous bad relationship which ended with a miscarriage and being traded in for a 16 year old at the ripe old age of 21 (well nearly 21!) now i'm in a newish (june of last year we met) relationship and i just know hes the one for me :D and was just wondering if there are any long haulers so we can help each other along with the wait!

Thanks Twilight

I don't know when I'll be ttcing. :shrug:

I work out at the gym three times a week and I go for walks everyday. Sometimes I worry if or when I'll have children but worrying doesn't help. There will be baby in my family in July. My brother and his girlfriend are expecting!! :happydance: I'm excited about being an aunt.

aww cute :) love babies! i'm an aunt already to a wonderful 6 year old and a god mum to two amazing little boys too :D so i've got them and my course to keep me busy

Hey there:wave: I am on a long term wait as well, we haven't set a specific date for when we will try again but we just had our second lo and I'm on a 3yr birth control so it will definitely be a few years down the line.
We would like 3 or 4 kids and ideally, I would like to be done having children by the time I'm in my early 30's so that I can start on my career since it will take alot of schooling. The only problem is..I started getting baby fever when our first was only about 7 months and it got way worse after a loss I had then we started trying right after she turned 1, it took us almost a year to get pregnant with our second. I'm hoping the baby fever will skip me this time but if it doesn't I decided to get my birth control for that reason, so that I will have to wait, if I still have baby fever by the time I need it removed we will probably start trying then which would be Dec 2017:thumbup:

im not long term waiting now (less than 5 months to go!) but i have been on this forum and actively waiting since about June 2013 so Ill have waited almost 2 years in total (cant believe that actually)
it has been really hard and i know it sounds cliche but having other things planned really does help! it goes so much faster when you are looking forward to things that are sooner
im ttc on honeymoon so I have lots of countdowns for my wedding, i also have a day countdown on my phone and a weekly countdown on my laptop
:flower:

I'm here for the long term. I have until July of 2016 and have been waiting since about February 2014. I have always known I've wanted kids, and the baby fever seems to get stronger every day. You are certainly not alone. :)

I agree with callmedan on staying busy and having things to look forward to to make the waiting easy. For me, I am currently extremely busy with school and will be making a cross country move shortly after I finish (in a little under 4 months), so I have count downs to look forward to, and then of course, exploring the area and finding a home for future baby once we get there!

Hi! :hi:

I'm here for the long run too, though not as long, hoping to start TTC number 2 in June 2016. Going to be a long wait! :coffee:

I'm 24 and have an 11 month old. I have baby fever but really want more time with just my son before another baby comes along. Also would like my son to be in nursery a few mornings a week so I can have alone time with the baby. I feel 100% happy with my decision until I see a tiny, new baby! :dohh:

Happy to join in the long wait! x

I'm only here for another year and a half or so (could be sooner!) but my total wait will be a little over 2 years. However, I was waiting (though not on these boards) for over 5 years for my DS so I can definitely sympathize with your situation and let you know that the wait does eventually end, even if it feels like it wont at times! And once it does, you will look back and it will seem to have passed so quickly. Being a momma to my sweet little one makes all of it worth it and is giving me the patience to wait for the next one until the right time

Hi ladies can I join? My son is 19 months and I have had baby fever since he was around 1. I think his birthday and turning into a toddler set me off. I am 25 and dh is 26. He always said he wanted two kids close together and now doesnt know if he would want a second. This breaks my heart so I am hoping he will change his mind once my son becomes potty trained and more independent. Heres to hoping we set a ttc date by June so I can stop being so sad for my son and myself...I want him to have a sibling so badly and I just love being pregnant and. a mommy.

Hello! :)
I'm also 23, and don't finish uni until 2017. I was also going to wait until i'd finished my course and been in a job for a couple of years but we decided in the end that we didn't want to wait that long and i want to start ttc by the times im 25 incase i have difficulty (I have endometriosis). So we will be ttc in january 2016 :)
I'v waited for a year and have another year to wait!

Bakedbean the time will fly by! So exciting you have a date set. It took us a year to get pregnant to the exact date of ttc so the sooner we get our frozen embryos defrosting tje better! We only have to embyros waiting.

I'm waiting until early 2016. Hoping this year goes as quick as last year it flew in!

I have been waiting for years! At the moment, it is due to not having a permanent contract, but before that, it was because I was at uni. It does go quicker than you think it will.

I have been waiting for years! At the moment, it is due to not having a permanent contract, but before that, it was because I was at uni. It does go quicker than you think it will.

I have been waiting for about 5 years now!! but when you look back it does actually go quick just some days you think you will never get there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->