Looking above my head?

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
Just a question for you girls. Tristen seems to look above my head instead of straight into my eyes whenever I am playing with him or changing him. I think he is looking at my hair. Has anyone else experienced this. Im concerned because I don't get eye contact as much as I think I should. He does this with my husband as well.

You could mention it to your health visitor. Did he get an eye check when he was born? Emma did look at my hair etc but also made eye contact too. If you're worried I would ask - how does it work in The States - do you get free healthcare for kids?

my little girl did this alot initially too, bear in mind they can't see that well and your eyes are quite a small target to fixate on. If you are cocerned about how well he's seeing buy a toy with a black and white target on it and watch to see him focus on that-you'll be surprised how much more attentive he is. Not only do babies have more long sighted eyes than adults but their macula (the part of the eye for fine detail) only develops after birth.

i would mention it to the HV but at 2 months i'm sure Lillys eye contact wasnt so good, she would look everywhere else but at me!!

Charlie used to do this. I wouldn't worry hun but ask your HV if you are x

I wouldn't worry, I read that they do this but I can't remember now where I read or why they do it but Thomas did it also! Its gonna bug me now. When Thomas is awake from his nap I'll have a look in the Nursery where all my baby books are!

If you are worried, like the others say, ask your health visitor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->