Looking for advice from the 3rd Trim ladies?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Hi ladies! :flower:

I've been browsing the 3rd Trim section looking for ideas, but I need some advice and am hoping you can help me...

Long story short, I will be flying to the U.S. in 2 weeks to visit my family there (I live in the Netherlands) and I'm trying to make a list of things I can buy/bring back with me that I might need and could get cheaper over there!

This is our first so I really don't have much idea of what we'll need (aside from clothing (how much? what sizes?) and bedding (again, how much?)) but what else...? Just wondering if you were in my shoes, what are some things you ladies would buy?

Advice is much appreciated!! Thanks! :hugs:

I'm assuming that clothes are cheaper over here? You would want a good chunk of onesies (I think you call them vests?) don't go crazy on the newborn size, do more 0-3 months, 3-6, etc. Right now there are some cute baby jammies out there at all the different stores. Stock up on those....as for your crib, you need some sheets, some crib protector cover thingies and that's about it. I don't really know how much of a difference prices are over here to you so I would go check it out and get some clothes at least, but make sure you diversify your sizing so it lasts you awhile :)

What I found useful when making a list of things I needed was to divide it into what baby needs to sleep, eat, wear, travel in etc. I also went through the Mothercare catalogue in case there was anything I'd missed.

I doubt you're planning on bringing any bulky things back? So it's probably just clothes and bedding etc. What about maternity clothes for yourself? I don't know what the prices are like in the Netherlands, but I'd imagine they'd be cheaper in the US because of stores like Target and the outlet malls.

If you're planning on breastfeeding, maybe look at things like breastpumps as well.

I think if I were you, I'd make a list of things you definitely need and check out the prices in the Netherlands. Have the list with you when you go shopping in the US and if you can get the stuff cheaper there, buy it.

Thanks ladies! haha that's more than I had figured out for myself!

Eclipse- I'm from the U.S. but DH is Dutch which is why I'm living here... when we were checking out the clothes etc here, I was appalled at how much more expensive things are than what I used to buy for friends in the U.S.

We've been comparing pricing for things like stoller/pram, carseats, etc... which my parents could always bring over at a later date if necessary, but as this is our last trip to the U.S. before my due date I want to stock up :)

Whoops, thanks for the suggestion to divide things up. I hadn't thought about that at all... I'm due in June so now I could probably get some good deals on winter clothes for next year when LO is 6 months...

Breastpumps, good idea as well!

Thanks again!

I was just in Target and they have some awesome stuff on clearance, so does Babies R Us, including the most adorable Christmas dresses! I already have a 6-9 month summer dress and sweater for Kira that I fell in love with and the whole set was 23 dollars I think? I always try to get enough clothes for the first year if I can, just so I don't hit the clothing drought at a bad time like I did with my son! Plus, he was so huge from the get-go that he practically lived in 6 month size from 3 months on....carseats are a good idea too, although then you have the shipping issue. You could get a nice travel system and see if they ship it over there. Breast pump...that's a great idea as well! :) Better bring some empty suitcases! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"