Looking for advice on TTC.

karlilay

Mum of 2 :)
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Didn't think I would find myself here, but the want for a third baby has turned into such an ache ive managed to convince Jonny to have another.:winkwink:

I was just looking for some advice, my other two happened along really. Madi was a complete accident, and Zach came along when we were NTNP. This time we have had a few times over the past few months where we could have gotten pregnant but didn't, so I think we need to go from NTNP yo actively TTC.
We're not very fertile, we have never used contraception, just pull out method since we had Zach and had no scares.

Could someone tell me, if my cycle is 21 days, when my fertile period is? I just finished my period yesterday.
And another question is how long does it take the average person to fall pregnant, we don't actually DtD that much so will have to up my game :haha:

Hi there & welcome :)

With ivation dates its usually anythung from 12-14 days before you period is due.. But if you have 21 day cycles im guessing you will ovulate almost straight away after finishing your period perhaps.. You could always take your temp every morning at the sane time & chart this, once you have ovulated, the temp shifts up by wuite a few degrees & this indicates ovulation :) Theres always ov prediction kits but they only indicate when to expect the LH surge which comes just before ovulation so its tricky to pinpoint the days.. X

Thankyou. I hope I'm right about my cycle. It's exactly 21 days between the day I finish my period to when I come on again? Is that right?

Oh gotcha, sorry, the day of cucle would start on the first day you start bleeding, how many days has your period been?

So if you eg you bleed for 7 days & then 21 clear days until you bleed again, your cycle is 28 days :) roughly ovulating around 14 but deoends on how ling you are bleeding for

Cycle day one is the first day you start bleeding. And the day you stop counting is the day before your next period. I hope that makes sense.

To pin point ovulation, you certainly could try tracking your temperature. I have never done this, but I am sure there is a lot of info online. Also, have you ever tried ovulation strips? I used them to get a rough idea of my ovulation time with my first baby and that helped us conceive. You can buy cheap ovulation predictor strips on Ebay and Amazon (about a 5'er for 20 or so I believe).

If you just want to "sort of" know where it is though, then yes, it's usually 12-14 days before your next period as Claireybell said. So you could just have lots of sex around this time if you're not too worried about predictor kits and temping just yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->