Looking for advice please

pinhams

Mam of 2 & ttc #3
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am very lucky and have 3 beautiful healthy children. DS 8, DD5, DD2.
After having our last daughter we thought that was last baby. For the past 6 months my DH keeps bringing up a 4th child. I dont know how I feel. I do get broody and i would love to be pregnant again and have a baby, but im worried, and im not sure what I want.
Normally I would have mentioned planning for this as I like a small age gap but the time passed. My dh would love another chance to make a brother for my boy. I worry that i wont be able to give my children the attention they need and deserve. Also, and this is the main issue for me. I went back into education at 30, im going into my 2nd year at college doing an access course. So my plan is to go to uni Sept 2017. I worry that having a baby is going to make this all even harder to achieve. Does anybody have 4 children? or has anybody went to uni when they have a young baby?

Sorry for the long post.

:flower: x

i havnt but a close friend of mine had a baby while she was at uni right in the middle, she literally took 2 weeks off then went straight back, she also had her placement at a hospital and continued with it all. she said it was hard work and if she could have changed the timing she would have but she was so proud of herself for not giving up and now she has everything. this was with her second child. my sister has 5 children and has completed 5 years of college just after her 5th was born she enrolled. and she coped really well and loved it. she had a lot of support from hubby, friends and family. you really need to do whats right for you if you think you can cope then go for it

I wish we would have had #4. So many times I think about having another little girl so my DD had a sister. So many times my boys wish they had a sister. I think no matter what you decide it will end up being right for your family. School is hard but so is everything worth doing, regardless of having a little one. Good Luck.

When I was at uni, I had several friends who had kids midway through the course - they all managed well and only one of them ended up not finishing but she was doing a course that involved placements and shift work, and the father was also a student. What course are you planning to do?

When I was at uni, I had several friends who had kids midway through the course - they all managed well and only one of them ended up not finishing but she was doing a course that involved placements and shift work, and the father was also a student. What course are you planning to do?

Hi, im planning on doing a social work degree x

What a fantastic career - we need more amazing social workers!

Could you contact the uni and ask if there are any current students you could talk to to find out how much time it takes up?

What a fantastic career - we need more amazing social workers!

Could you contact the uni and ask if there are any current students you could talk to to find out how much time it takes up?

That's actually a really good idea, thank u so much for your suggestion. I will 100% do that.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->